Opinions on Bursa? Kel Tec?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on Bursa? Kel Tec?

I was killing time at the gun store and wondered about these two brands. I actually fell in love with the new Ruger SR9c or SR40c and I am fairly certain I can't go wrong with one of them, but was curious about these other two brands?

Bersa is a great gun, i have had a Bersa thunder .380 and a Bersa thunder .22 both great

never owned a keltec

Comment

Just got a PF9 Kel Tec. Nice little gun for cc, especially sincr it can be had for under 250. I've put 75 rounds through it so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
        I was killing time at the gun store and wondered about these two brands. I actually fell in love with the new Ruger SR9c or SR40c and I am fairly certain I can't go wrong with one of them, but was curious about these other two brands?
        I have had two Bersa's and know others that have them with zero issues. I had a PF9 and so did my buddy and one of our range masters. We all had problems with the PF9. Now my other range master swears by the 380 Keltec.

That being said I heard they have improved them over the last year so who knows.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Bersa Thunder was lots of fun to shoot. I've shot the full size ruger SR series in 9 and 40 and I like them, but just didnt fit my hand right. As for reliability, I don't think you can do bad with either.

Go shoot your options and see what you like.

Comment

I've been doing a lot of research on .380s for the wife and the Bersa seems to have a great reputation for reliability. It actually has a nice trigger pull and is pretty inexpensive for a non-polymer frame gun.
            The KelTecs have a lot of bad reviews. People with newer ones say they have worked out the problems but I wouldn't trust them until they've been good for a few years myself.
            Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
            Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
              I've been doing a lot of research on .380s for the wife and the Bersa seems to have a great reputation for reliability. It actually has a nice trigger pull and is pretty inexpensive for a non-polymer frame gun.
              The KelTecs have a lot of bad reviews. People with newer ones say they have worked out the problems but I wouldn't trust them until they've been good for a few years myself.
              Most of the cops I know carry a PF9, p3at or similar as a back up. They trust them.

Comment

Think I'd rather have the SR9c, but that's just my inner Fudd talking.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                  Think I'd rather have the SR9c, but that's just my inner Fudd talking.
                  I liked a lot of the features. The store near me the guy behind the counter had one on his holster and been carrying one since they came out and loves it. He said they were having a hard time keeping them they have been selling well. Ruger lists them for $525, but this store was selling them for about $435.

B & S Guns in Garland

Comment

I have the P32 and the PF9 and never had a problem with either. The PF-9 is great for concealed carry.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                      I liked a lot of the features. The store near me the guy behind the counter had one on his holster and been carrying one since they came out and loves it. He said they were having a hard time keeping them they have been selling well. Ruger lists them for $525, but this store was selling them for about $435.

B & S Guns in Garland
                      $420 in Sunnyvale: http://www.sawguns.com/inv_detail.htm?ITEMNO=62290
                      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

and as a rule, I can't stand Ruger. They just rolled right over for the anti-gun lobbyists. Fuck 'em. I've got my Alaskan, and as far as I'm concerned, if someone else made one like it, I'd own that instead.

Comment

I'm on my second Bersa Thunder 380CC (I stupidly sold the first one). Yes, they are that good.
                          "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

I've been carrying a Kel-Tec P32 for a while now. So convenient, that I don't even carry my Glock when I have more clothing. I originally got it so my concealment wouldn't be compromised if I was just in shorts and a t-shirt.

I grew to like it so much, I've been carrying it all the time. I even qualified with it. The wife and my son both find it as their favorite carry (not that my 15 year old carries ).

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                              I've been carrying a Kel-Tec P32 for a while now. So convenient, that I don't even carry my Glock when I have more clothing. I originally got it so my concealment wouldn't be compromised if I was just in shorts and a t-shirt.

I grew to like it so much, I've been carrying it all the time. I even qualified with it. The wife and my son both find it as their favorite carry (not that my 15 year old carries ).
                              Come to think of it, it is a .32 she has. She swears by it and it is a little gun so it hides very well. The problem with the 9 in their opinion was to much caliber for the frame and weight. If you dont hold it really firm or use primo ammo it would jam. Or if it isnt super oiled up and spotless clean it will jam. Since I keep it in my pocket it does get a little dirty and like I said before I want it to go bang everytime I pull the trigger. The PF9 would jam at least once or twice every time I shot it. Hell even freshly cleaned with high dollar ammo mine would jam every now and again. Now the two Bersa's I have owned have never had a jam no matter what I shoot threw them, how I hold them, and even if I havent cleaned them in a while. I have a lot of rounds with them and never one jam.
                              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                              X