Inside the waist-line holster - Need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inside the waist-line holster - Need advice

I really need a good holster, and for my size and what I wear mostly I need a Inside the Waist-band holster. Google searching mainly brings up the Supertuck deluxe, but I don't really know what else is out there. The only thing I can see myself having an issue with is the overall size of the holster. It looks fucking huge!

I have a XD40 Subcompact, and I like the item on my lower back.

Linky

A lot of people swear by them, I did not like mine.
    I have a plain o' Bianchi Professional 100 and love it.

Comment

I have 3 different Cross Breeds on order.

Check out Raven Concealment Systems. They make only Kydex type holsters though but can make one for virtually any pistol or pistol with light combo.

www.texaschlforum.com then look in the holster forums. There is tons of other manufactures out there.

Try this thread.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

this is where i got mine from for my glock, but he makes them for everything

got a double clip w/ combat cut, wish i had gotten a single clip for my 26 but the double makes it easier to carry the 22 around if i'm wearing a jacket or sweatshirt

can take a picture of mine if you want but it was like 40 or 45 shipped

Comment

I'm a sidearmor fan...

...kydex
          Originally posted by MR EDD
          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

this is what i use and i have absolutely no complaints with it.

Originally posted by 56482
            only on DFWMUstangs...

Comment

I have a crossbreed and a dmbullard all leather iwb holster.
              I like the CB better. The reason being is it forms to my body better which feels more comfortable. It even retains the shape when I take it off. The double leather of the other remains rigid. The kydex is also easier to draw from and reholster while the leather gets pinched together by the when the gun is drawn. The cross breed's cant is also more adjustable, and I like it canted as far foreward as possible. I found the hand grip to be the part that prints and this helps it to not print.

The downside is that the kydex will wear you slide's finish in high contact areas. Nothing major, but it is noticable if you're looking for flaws.

I carry a XDsc also btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
                A lot of people swear by them, I did not like mine.
                I have a plain o' Bianchi Professional 100 and love it.
                same here. i am happier with my $30 don hume.

god bless.
                It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I love my supertuck.
                  Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

I can't add anything that isn't already here; however, I can say that sweatpants do not make a good holster.
                    Men have become the tools of their tools.
                    -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by pr1042 View Post
                      this is where i got mine from for my glock, but he makes them for everything

got a double clip w/ combat cut, wish i had gotten a single clip for my 26 but the double makes it easier to carry the 22 around if i'm wearing a jacket or sweatshirt

can take a picture of mine if you want but it was like 40 or 45 shipped

I am liking the looks of that holster. It doesn't look as big as the supertuck, but still has two clips. With my 32 inch waist I think that's a plus. What's a "Tactical cutaway?"

Another question would be if I should worry about a light or laser. I would really need someone talking into putting, one or the other, on the gun. How many of you have one or the other on your carry/home defense gun?

Comment

DM Bullard.

Comment

Originally posted by big_tiger View Post
                          I am liking the looks of that holster. It doesn't look as big as the supertuck, but still has two clips. With my 32 inch waist I think that's a plus. What's a "Tactical cutaway?"

Another question would be if I should worry about a light or laser. I would really need someone talking into putting, one or the other, on the gun. How many of you have one or the other on your carry/home defense gun?
                          Tactical cut is removal of the leather so you can get your thumb around the grip. Other wise, your thumb rests on the backside of the slide until you pull the gun out a little to get your thumb around.

I really like my Supertuck and want to upgrade it to a tactical cut.

I think a light on the gun for CCW overdone. Night sights (ex. Trigicons) would be better. Most places I CCW always are lit enough that I don't need the light to identify. Besides, a separate flashlight could be used as a secondary weapon.

Oh, if you go with Crossbreed, upgrade to horsehide.
                          "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                            Tactical cut is removal of the leather so you can get your thumb around the grip. Other wise, your thumb rests on the backside of the slide until you pull the gun out a little to get your thumb around.

I really like my Supertuck and want to upgrade it to a tactical cut.

I think a light on the gun for CCW overdone. Night sights (ex. Trigicons) would be better. Most places I CCW always are lit enough that I don't need the light to identify. Besides, a separate flashlight could be used as a secondary weapon.

Oh, if you go with Crossbreed, upgrade to horsehide.
                            Texas heat makes horsehide a good idea. All mine on order are horsehide. What is $10 to make your holster more enjoyable? In the end the most important to carrying everyday is comfort. If it is not comfortable you won't carry.

Lights and lasers have their place. A light on a home defense gun is a great idea. A light on a carry gun may get too much to lug around; if it is winter no problem. My house gun and my carry gun are different but the same make and near same model. I keep a 5" XD9 with a TLR-1 as a bedside and a XD9sc for carry.

I did get a holster for the 5" XD with light but I don't plan on carrying it unless it is in the winter (jacket, sweatshirt).

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                              same here. i am happier with my $30 don hume.

god bless.
                              I sure hope I don't come to love my don humes more than the cross breeds

Comment

Working...
                              X