Ok so i want an AK 47..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok so i want an AK 47..

I have been told on several occasions they can be found between 300-400 for a cheaper one... can anyone suggest a website to find one or a local dfw pawn shop?
    "PSH!!!"

Unless you are getting a fully automatic AK, don't bother.

AKs were designed to lay down a high volume of fire amongst a squadron of other men with AKs also laying down high volumes of fire; this was the Soviet mentality that was formed based on their experiences during World War II. Semi automatic AKs go against the weapon's design. They are not as accurate as other rifles (I do not want to start a huge argument about this, but from what I have experienced, AK sights are inferior to pretty much every other gun's sights), and for a civilian who will not be participating in massive firefights, an AR or similar rifle would be a much better choice.

Albeit, if you do want a select fire AK, I am all for it. They are fun as hell. Semi auto ones are however useless beyond the fact that they may impress some hood rats.
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Dohctr, your becoming quite the gun snob.

Just because your in the full auto club don't knock the guys who can't afford it. Sure you can't hit the side of the barn with one. They are not going to be tack drivers but they sure are fun to shoot.

Good luck in your search. There was a guy on here that did home builds. Hopefully he will post up and help point you in the right direction.

Comment

As stated above they are less accurate. I own an AR and an AK. A few weeks ago I took them both out, sighted them in at 50 yards, and my grouping was far better on the AR. However, at 50 yards with the AK you are going to hit center of mass so unless you are shooting competition or want a hunting rifle or a sniper rifle the point is really moot. Ammo is cheap, parts are cheap, they are about the most reliable rifle out there, and are fun as hell. Mine is semi auto, by the way.

However, you are not going to find one for $300 - $400 anymore. 5 years ago you could, but the last gun show I went to they were back down to about $600+. But, get one if you want it. I love it, and probably shoot it more than my AR. There dozens of arguments of why X-gun is better than an AK. But really, they are great, reliable rifles. they have served in every environment known to man except space and deep sea exploration, get treated like shit, and still work. You put an AR through the same shit Africans put their AKs through and they would be jammed and not working by lunchtime.

If you want it, buy it. I cannot think of a better starter semi-auto.
        That said, I still really like my AR, so get one of those too.

Edit - Plus you should buy one for the sole reason it pisses of Liberals that you can own one. For that reason alone you should buy one.
        I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Stephen, check out: http://www.classicarms.us/ and go through Jeff ( http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/sh...89&postcount=4 ) or the ffl of your choice. AKs are like pickup trucks. Semi-auto being the regular old pickup that will get the payload there, select-fire being the hot rod, all wheel drive turbo version. They both do the same thing, reliably...one just does it faster.
          "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post

Just because your in the full auto club don't knock the guys who can't afford it. Sure you can't hit the side of the barn with one. They are not going to be tack drivers but they sure are fun to shoot.

Good luck in your search. There was a guy on here that did home builds. Hopefully he will post up and help point you in the right direction.
            That was Falcongunner.
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
              Unless you are getting a fully automatic AK, don't bother.

AKs were designed to lay down a high volume of fire amongst a squadron of other men with AKs also laying down high volumes of fire; this was the Soviet mentality that was formed based on their experiences during World War II. Semi automatic AKs go against the weapon's design. They are not as accurate as other rifles (I do not want to start a huge argument about this, but from what I have experienced, AK sights are inferior to pretty much every other gun's sights), and for a civilian who will not be participating in massive firefights, an AR or similar rifle would be a much better choice.

Albeit, if you do want a select fire AK, I am all for it. They are fun as hell. Semi auto ones are however useless beyond the fact that they may impress some hood rats.
              I'll keep that in mind next time I need to select a weapon to go rouge and take over an oil rig full of hostages.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post

Yet a slide fire stock is the bees knees.

Comment

I love my draco...
                  "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                    I have been told on several occasions they can be found between 300-400 for a cheaper one... can anyone suggest a website to find one or a local dfw pawn shop?
                    Just curious what you'd like to use the AK for...

...great weapon for what it is and the cost of it. I know of at least 2 people who down hogs with them w/o issues - regardless of what the range queens think.

I saw some at Bullet Trap last Friday for just over 400. Synthetic...
                    Originally posted by MR EDD
                    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I thought I needed one a few years back. So I found a good deal on one and bought 1000+ rounds of ammo to go with it, shot it once and it's been in the safe ever since. Unless you have land where you can ride around a shoot at random shit, they are useless and very uncomfortable to shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                        I thought I needed one a few years back. So I found a good deal on one and bought 1000+ rounds of ammo to go with it, shot it once and it's been in the safe ever since. Unless you have land where you can ride around a shoot at random shit, they are useless and very uncomfortable to shoot.
                        Cut the OP a deal on yours.
                        Originally posted by MR EDD
                        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                          As stated above they are less accurate. I own an AR and an AK. A few weeks ago I took them both out, sighted them in at 50 yards, and my grouping was far better on the AR. However, at 50 yards with the AK you are going to hit center of mass so unless you are shooting competition or want a hunting rifle or a sniper rifle the point is really moot. Ammo is cheap, parts are cheap, they are about the most reliable rifle out there, and are fun as hell. Mine is semi auto, by the way.

However, you are not going to find one for $300 - $400 anymore. 5 years ago you could, but the last gun show I went to they were back down to about $600+. But, get one if you want it. I love it, and probably shoot it more than my AR. There dozens of arguments of why X-gun is better than an AK. But really, they are great, reliable rifles. they have served in every environment known to man except space and deep sea exploration, get treated like shit, and still work. You put an AR through the same shit Africans put their AKs through and they would be jammed and not working by lunchtime.
                          I saw quite a few of them in the $400's at the market hall gun show.
                          Originally posted by Jester
                          Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                          He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                          Originally posted by Denny
                          What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                          FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                            Just curious what you'd like to use the AK for...

...great weapon for what it is and the cost of it. I know of at least 2 people who down hogs with them w/o issues - regardless of what the range queens think.

I saw some at Bullet Trap last Friday for just over 400. Synthetic...
                            I would hardly call dohc a range queer. He has a bias opinion about every gun he owns and doesn't believe that anything is better. Aks are more fun to shoot then an AR. They are cheaper to shoot. Yes, we all know they are not a long range gun like an ar. But who cares? Own them both.

Comment

Wow...go full auto or go home eh?

I don't have an AK-47, but I have a bulgarian Ak-74 in "totally lame single fire pussy civilian format" (according to our gun DEITY above)

I love it to death. Bought two spam cans of ammo and have already cleared 400 or so rounds out of it. It's so cheap to shoot I will run mag after mag through it. I got mine for $400. I would recommend the 74 over the 47. It has much less kick, looks the same and you can buy ammo in bulk cheaply.

Comment

Working...
                              X