No announcement yet.

My first 1911

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a M1911A1 manufactured in 1943. Its really a beautiful peace. Fully functional. Any idea what it could be worth?
    Originally posted by mutherjuggz
    That whole "making love" shit is for the birds. I won't get all graphic on my preferences, but if you can't knock the bottom out with a vengeance.... leave me alone

Comment

Originally posted by T-TOPPS5.0 View Post
      I have a M1911A1 manufactured in 1943. Its really a beautiful peace. Fully functional. Any idea what it could be worth?
      Manufacture, original finish, and original factory parts all play in price. If you have a Singer 1911a1 it's close to $50k; if you have a Remington Rand all correct it's anywhere from $1k-2500. Like said, need more details.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
        Manufacture, original finish, and original factory parts all play in price. If you have a Singer 1911a1 it's close to $50k; if you have a Remington Rand all correct it's anywhere from $1k-2500. Like said, need more details.
        Last time I was at a show, an M1911A1 like mine - a 1943 Ithaca w/ bill of lading - was selling for $3,500. Paperwork makes all the difference.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
          It is a colt. All original parts and finish.
          Originally posted by mutherjuggz
          That whole "making love" shit is for the birds. I won't get all graphic on my preferences, but if you can't knock the bottom out with a vengeance.... leave me alone

Comment

Originally posted by T-TOPPS5.0 View Post
            It is a colt. All original parts and finish.
            I'd have to see a picture, it's very common for them to be re-parked. And the original park on WW2 1911's is almost impossible to reproduce. A refinished M1911A1 has a substantial drop in value.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
            X