Vintage Winchester Model 1892 lever action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage Winchester Model 1892 lever action

I was going through my rifles last night. One in particular that I had inherited from my father when he passed last October stood out. I always thought it was a 30-30. Well I started looking closely and was surprised that it's a Winchester 1892 32-20. Initially I thought it was a mid 40's model. When I noticed the serial number contained 4 numbers I started looking. This is what I found on gunbroker.

I'm a little surprised this one is worth so much. I guess for it's age it's a piece of history. My serial number is in the 5000's which is lower than the one in this auction. And mine is a little better condition than this. Talk about a hidden gem.

Gun broker is blocked here. What is she worth?
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
      Gun broker is blocked here. What is she worth?
      The buy now price for the one on gunbroker is $3899

That is a hidden gem for sure, ARIX. Surely worth well over $4000.
      "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

That is pretty badass.
        An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

That is cool. Got a pic?

Comment

I inherited my grandfather's .30-30. When I traced it's serial number, it was produced in the early 1960's. Still nice to have though.

Congrats on your find!
            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

If only it were a Marlin. I am not a fan of trying to clean the Winchesters at all

Comment

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
                If only it were a Marlin. I am not a fan of trying to clean the Winchesters at all
                Yeah, but if it were an old Marlin .30-30 it might be worth 1/4-1/2 that much at best.
                Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
                  Yeah, but if it were an old Marlin .30-30 it might be worth 1/4-1/2 that much at best.
                  Marlins arent only 30-30...?

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                    The buy now price for the one on gunbroker is $3899

That is a hidden gem for sure, ARIX. Surely worth well over $4000.
                    Sorry for not posting pix. I have it out right now for a couple collectors to check out I will get it back next monday. If someone here can post for me I can send phone pix.

Comment

Very nice score man.

You can send the pix here [ cobrajet69/at/verizon/dot/net ] and I'll post them for you.

David

Comment

Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
                        Very nice score man.

You can send the pix here [ cobrajet69/at/verizon/dot/net ] and I'll post them for you.

David
                        I am sending them to you now, thanks.

Comment

The Winchester from Arix:

David

Comment

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
                            Marlins arent only 30-30...?
                            I wasn't saying they are, but I was incorrectly thinking the OP said his rifle was .30-30.
                            Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                            Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
                              I wasn't saying they are, but I was incorrectly thinking the OP said his rifle was .30-30.
                              The 30-30 is a dime a dozen rifle in either brand really. Now finding a early number Marlin in .357 or .45LC is a different story. This one is a hell of a score too!

I love lever actions and that Winchester is a really nice rifle, but I just prefer the simplicity and of course the side eject of the Marlin.

Comment

Working...
                              X