Laws on travelling with ammo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laws on travelling with ammo?

I'm heading to Galveston for vacation with my family, and I thought it might be a good time to pick up some .45 ammo without having to pay the local sunshine/gun range tax. I live in Cali so there's no ammo at Walmart, I thought of picking up a few boxes for posterity.

I will not be flying with a weapon either way, can I just pack it in checked baggage, and not say a word?

Originally posted by Big A View Post
    I'm heading to Galveston for vacation with my family, and I thought it might be a good time to pick up some .45 ammo without having to pay the local sunshine/gun range tax. I live in Cali so there's no ammo at Walmart, I thought of picking up a few boxes for posterity.

I will not be flying with a weapon either way, can I just pack it in checked baggage, and not say a word?
    You have to let them know, since it's hazardous material. I think there's a limit. Scrutinize the airline's website carefully. There's a reason ammo ships ORMD.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

First result on google:
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Go to a Big 5 sporting goods store.
        Originally posted by davbrucas
        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

They only allow 7 pounds of ammo per passenger.
          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
            When the fuck did this start? I've carried much more than 7 rounds. Matter of fact, when I fly with the S&W 642 I have 5 rounds for the gun, and 2 speed loaders with 5 rounds each.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
              When the fuck did this start? I've carried much more than 7 rounds. Matter of fact, when I fly with the S&W 642 I have 5 rounds for the gun, and 2 speed loaders with 5 rounds each.
              7 Pounds

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                When the fuck did this start? I've carried much more than 7 rounds.
                LOL, reminds me of the Jerky Boys.
                You better believe it. 350 pieces? What the fuck you talking about? Pounds, baby, pounds!
                Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                  7 Pounds
                  Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
                  LOL, reminds me of the Jerky Boys.
                  You better believe it. 350 pieces? What the fuck you talking about? Pounds, baby, pounds!
                  It was 2:07 am. Holy tired bat shit!

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                    7 Pounds
                    LOL, nice catch.
                    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                      I think this needs to be checked per airline. As of a little while ago, AA allowed 10 pounds.
                      Originally posted by MR EDD
                      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Why not ship it back to yourself? Still have to notify shipper of the contents.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                          I think this needs to be checked per airline. As of a little while ago, AA allowed 10 pounds.
                          Was going to CO to shoot chucks last summer and checked an M1A and a Rem 40x and they didn't bat an eyelash. Tried to check 85lbs of ammo and they nearly call DHS on me. I am sure that I am on some kind of list now. This was at DFW.

In the late 80's I came back from Africa through JFK with guns, ammo and no passport and it nearly shut the airport down. It took a few calls to State to get it straightened out. Fucking yankees.
                          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoner View Post
                            Why not ship it back to yourself? Still have to notify shipper of the contents.
                            This is what I would do.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post

You must declare it, just as you would if you checking a bag with a firearm inside.

Comment

Working...
                              X