DoD ends sale of expended military brass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DoD ends sale of expended military brass

This doesn't sound good for .223 ammo prices. Motherfuckers. If the reloading industry has to purchase newly manufactured brass cases, then the cost of ammunition will double or even triple, plus Obama wants to add a 500% tax on each shell.

Gordon Hutchinson Concealed Carry Training FRIDAY, JULY 4, 2014 The Much Maligned “9” It happened again at an afternoon barbeque a few months ago.? One new acquaintance commented he was looking at buying a new pistol. “What caliber?” Asked the other new acquaintance. “I dunno,” first guy said.? “Nine millimeter, I think.” “Huh,” sneered second […]
    Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
    Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

"Sunday, March 15, 2009"

Comment

This crap again? Oh wait, that article is from March 2009.

Comment

Whoopsy! Someone sent me that today and I neglected to read the date. But fuck Obama anyway!
        Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
        Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

If memory serves, once I dug into this a few years ago when it was originally being passed around the net, it turned out the DOD was just ensuring the brass was sold through the proper channels so the government got the money. Seemed like some of it wasn't making it to the DLA disposition services like it should have.
          I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
            If memory serves, once I dug into this a few years ago when it was originally being passed around the net, it turned out the DOD was just ensuring the brass was sold through the proper channels so the government got the money. Seemed like some of it wasn't making it to the DLA disposition services like it should have.
            No they were shredding it and selling it as scrap, for less than they were getting as surplus. I'm surprised the new "green ammo" didn't use cardboard casings.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
              No they were shredding it and selling it as scrap, for less than they were getting as surplus. I'm surprised the new "green ammo" didn't use cardboard casings.
              Hmmm...I don't remember reading that.
              I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                Hmmm...I don't remember reading that.
                That's how it went down. It didn't last very long.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                X