Airsoft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airsoft

Any of you nerds hardcore milsim Airsofters? Its been a few years since I played religiously. Fixin to rejoin my squad and start playing again. Just wanted to know if any of yall are part of any squads in the DFW area. If airsoft is just something you've seen a bunch of 12 yr olds on youtube, or guns at walmart/academy. Here is a few links to some retailers;
    First is http://www.kastwayairsoft.com/ This is a personal friend and teammate. He is the biggest DFW based retailer of airsoft.
    http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store/ is a popular retailer in California. Prices are a bit much, but they have an AWESOME selection.

This is Op. Bulldog held every year in October at Fort Hood, TX. John Lu is able to rent the entire MOUT centers for two full days of scenario based action. My team, UAL, has been out there every year. I missed this Op, but have been at the previous ones. You'll notice the ones in cammies, and then the ones all ragtag (jeans, backpacks, polo shirts, etc) them being the taliban or freedom fighters.

Again, another massively produced milsim that takes place once a year in KY. And just like the first, ignore the 16 year olds, uncoordinated, tubby, shouldnt be in an assault vest players as they are unavoidable...

What kind of range do those things have?
    "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
    http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
    Factory Five MK4 Cobra
    Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
    http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
    www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
    sigpic

Comment

Depends on the weapon and setup. As nerdy and childish as airsoft sounds, its realism to a new level... The rifles/pistols/bolt action/shotguns are 1:1 scale to the real thing, and close to same weight. pistols and some SMG's use a purified (silicon induced) version of propane. The gas is stowed in the the full size mag. When you pull the trigger, the pistol cycles like a real. The slide has blowback, which reloads a round from the mag to the barrel just like the real thing. Those shoot approximately 300 feet per second (FPS). Using a common 6mm diameter (size of all BB's in airsoft. There made of a biodegradable compound) BB that is .20grams will travel accurately about 55 yards before its dramatically drops. As for the average 350 fps AEG (automatic electric gun) rifle, it varies on there barrel range. For instance the average M4 with a 16inch barrel you should expect to see about 100-125 yards. Most players bump there fps on there AEG's to the max allotted, 400 fps. This gains around 50 yards. This is just estimates as I have never took the time to measure shots. Sorry. But, they are way more accurate and consistant then any paintball marker.

Comment

AEG's are electric, powered by an R/C type 8.4v-11.6v batteries. A electric motor in the pistol grip powers the gears which retracts a piston and spring. That piston shoots forward all in a slip second. Pushing the BB out of the rifle/SMG/LMG.

Comment

I train with airsoft all the time
          Big Rooster Racing
          1985 Mustang GT

Comment

No

Comment

Why do I picture a bunch of grown men running around giggling, shooing each other then beginning to argue about who got shot first.

"I got you!"
              "No you didn't I got you first!"
              "Nu uh, you're dead I shot you first!"
              "You're not playing fair, I'm going home!"

Comment

Originally posted by 94StangFiveO View Post
                Why do I picture a bunch of grown men running around giggling, shooing each other then beginning to argue about who got shot first.

"I got you!"
                "No you didn't I got you first!"
                "Nu uh, you're dead I shot you first!"
                "You're not playing fair, I'm going home!"
                This. And airsoft is fucking gay.

There are few things I hate more than when I am surfing youtube and click on a video entitled "FULL AUTO (insert gun here)", only to find out that it is airsoft.
                Originally posted by lincolnboy
                After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                  This. And airsoft is fucking gay.

There are few things I hate more than when I am surfing youtube and click on a video entitled "FULL AUTO (insert gun here)", only to find out that it is airsoft.
                  Lol, I see the same thing all the time. Some "gangsta" kid in his room with his giant collection.

Granted I think its neat, but Airsoft vs paintball, i would prob rather do the paintball just because of the markers exploding.

Comment

at 35 years old, when i want to act like a child i go race my r/c cars, not pretend i am on seal team 6.

god bless.
                    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Just something you gotta try. There are alot of kids who play backyard airsoft. The scenarios that are big scale are 18+ years old yadda yadda yadda. Great training for law enforcement. Just wondering if anyone else played. That is all!

Comment

What happens when you get shot during one of these ops?

Comment

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
                          For instance the average M4 with a 16inch barrel you should expect to see about 100-125 yards. Most players bump there fps on there AEG's to the max allotted, 400 fps. This gains around 50 yards. This is just estimates as I have never took the time to measure shots. Sorry. But, they are way more accurate and consistant then any paintball marker.

wrong.

yes they are more accurate and shoot farther than paintballs, and god knows cheaper to actually shoot and play.

But even the 400-500fps bolt guns will barely shoot 100yrds (effective range like you hit when aim and you pull the trigger)

not counting bullshit like spraying high and arcing them in via 'kentucky windage'

I thought I might get into it one day since i used to play paint. never did and sold my gun.
                          i never really liked how they weren't very loud, kind boring. atleast the guns were shaped a bit more 'fun' than paintball markers are.

paint is nasty messy and expensive too. everyone plays like it's a g/d dodgeball game too.

Comment

my cousin plays everytime he goes back home to Taiwan and has a blast. All urban scenarios. Looks fun as shit...but I dont have money to invest in toy guns...

Comment

Originally posted by futant View Post
                              wrong.

yes they are more accurate and shoot farther than paintballs, and god knows cheaper to actually shoot and play.

But even the 400-500fps bolt guns will barely shoot 100yrds (effective range like you hit when aim and you pull the trigger)

not counting bullshit like spraying high and arcing them in via 'kentucky windage'

I thought I might get into it one day since i used to play paint. never did and sold my gun. I never really liked how they weren't very loud, kind boring. atleast the guns were shaped a bit more 'fun' than paintball markers are.

paint is nasty messy and expensive too. everyone plays like it's a g/d dodgeball game too.
                              Since they are a "ball" and not a real round, they will not be bullet accurate your right, but the range is decent ont he high end 400fps AEG's ($250-400). As for aim high and spray n prey is incorrect. These rifles, and pistols, have a hopup system in the barrels that are adjustable. Basically give the bb a back spin. Like I said, these were estimates on the range. Still a hellova lot of fun to do.

Comment

Working...
                              X