Anybody used Corbon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody used Corbon?

Has anyone used any of their ammo before?

I shot 20 of their .300 Whisper 150 gr. SP today and it was decently accurate. I plan to use it on some wild boar at the end of the month.

Out of 50 rounds through my new upper, everything ran smoothly and didnt give me any issues but the ammo had me a little worried. The issue with it was two of cases lost their primers. I was checking all of the brass I had and noticed that two were missing and the spent primers were on the bench. I didn't notice anything while shooting so I didn't think much of it.

Is this common with their stuff? Also, what would be the cause?

Forgot to mention this is an AR-15 based .300 Blackout upper. Maybe the fact it was whisper in a blackout chamber but I figured it was fine because blackout is to whisper as 5.56 NATO is to .223 from what I understand.
    Last edited by 94StangFiveO; 06-07-2011, 05:19 PM. Reason: More info.

I have shot Corbon in a variety of calibers and loads and have never had any issues. I'm not sure what would cause primers to come out like that that.
    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Corbon .357sig jhp's were cool, no complaints.
      Ded

Comment

I've shot half a box 44 mag thru my old boss's gun. No complaint, and I stll have the rest in the safe waiting on a model 629 to use them in. Their spec's at the time were awesome.

I have no idea on the primers, but I would be curious if anyone else had the same issue.
        sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
        17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
        13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
        86 SVO - Sold
        '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
        01 TJ - new toy - Sold
        65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

I hadn't ever used their ammo so this was a first for me. I still have another box to shoot. I'm just curious why that would happen to them.

Comment

Shot Corbon JHP in 165gr .40 S&W without issue. Even put it through a chronometer and it clocked 1250+ fps. Good stuff.
            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
              I have shot Corbon in a variety of calibers and loads and have never had any issues. I'm not sure what would cause primers to come out like that that.
              Only thing I know of is waaaaaay too hot of a powder load.

Comment

Working...
              X