Hi-point, opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi-point, opinions

Are these guns worth a damn? One of my cousins has their carbine and loves the thing. Not sure what purpose it really serves but it has a rail system and seems fairly accurate. He uses his for plinking around the ranch. Obviously being a .45 handgun round it's not going to be used for serious hunting but it looks like a decent option for hogs or coyotes.

i have one in 9mm. it shoots ok, like you i am not sure what purpose it really serves either.

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I messed with a 9mm and .45 handgun and was totally disgusted with it. uncomfortable fit in my hand, bulky, retartedly hard trigger pull, felt loose when I shook them and just downright ugly.

I did own one of those 9mm carbine rifle-thingys and it was fun as shit to shoot, cheap and decently comfortable within a day of shooting. It's been years since I've messed with a Hi-Point, though.

Comment

I loved my Hi-point 995. I put the ATi Stock on it and it was just awesome, I regret selling it.

The mags were crap though, good thing Hi-point has a lifetime warranty. I got 3 new mags in the mail FOR FREE when I emailed them that 2 of my mags randomly exploded (spring and all) for no reason.

Comment

BP, hipoint carbines are hit and miss. The older ones were absolute garbage, the newer ones apparently are much better. However, you just can't shake the fact that it is probably the worst quality of any weapon out there, and it has the stigma to go along with it.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
            However, you just can't shake the fact that it is probably the worst quality of any weapon out there, and it has the stigma to go along with it.
            This.

I don't care how good they may or may not be, it's a damn Hi-Point, and anytime I see someone shooting one I think to myself, "damn, that guy wasted good money on a turd".
            Originally posted by lincolnboy
            After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
              This.

I don't care how good they may or may not be, it's a damn Hi-Point, and anytime I see someone shooting one I think to myself, "damn, that guy wasted good money on a turd".
              Yeah it's the embarrassment and image of the thing that keeps me away now knowing they are apparently not as bad as they use to be. I just couldn't in good conscience shoot one in public knowing I'm a giant tool.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

seems like the carbines are the only thing that are somewhat worth owning

i know a few people that own them and for playing around plinking they are okay, but that's it

Comment

Don't know about the carbine's. Hit and miss for sure.

Pistols are great for a throw down gun if you ever have the need for one. Just have your neighbor fondle it and put it back togeather after they leave.
                  Use gloves.

Had a 9mm, real ammo picky, lots of failures to feed, stovepipe.

Wouldn't trust my life on one.

Comment

When I see ninjas at the gun range they are often times shooting hi points. Badly I might add.

Comment

Thanks for the info, I'll keep looking for a good deal on an AK. 7.62x39 > .45

Comment

Just to add on to this thread, but not really adding anything new...

I've read the carbine reviews because they seemed like great deals. The reviews come out nice in my opinion.

However, just on PICTURES alone you can really see the quality difference between pretty much any well known manufacturer and the Hi-Point weapons.

Even the Glock haters would admit it is a far superior weapon to any Hi-Point.

I'd probably only use a Hi-Point weapon for testing out various theories that I've not witnessed and don't want to risk screwing up a real weapon. Potato silencers, shoot it under water...etc. Just stupid things. Even at that, I'd be worried about it failing or falling apart on me.
                        Originally posted by MR EDD
                        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Working...
                        X