Sellier & Bellot Ammo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sellier & Bellot Ammo?

Whats your opinion on Sellier & Bellot ammo? It looks to be the best deal right now @ $.18/rd for 9mm. I am looking to buy a case or 2 of it for my stock unless anyone knows of anything better/cheaper that isn't reloads or off brand, or metal casing. Thanks a bunch guys!

Originally posted by Venix View Post
    Whats your opinion on Sellier & Bellot ammo? It looks to be the best deal right now @ $.18/rd for 9mm. I am looking to buy a case or 2 of it for my stock unless anyone knows of anything better/cheaper that isn't reloads or off brand, or metal casing. Thanks a bunch guys!
    It is definitely cheap. I use to buy their 9mm for my uzi, I probably shot around 1000 rounds of it in a weekend and never really had any issues except one full strike and no discharge... but unless you plan on using it for self defense, who cares.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I've stocked up on it and haven't had any issues with it in either of my 9mm (Beretta 92A1 and Sig P239). Anytime Cabela's has it marked down to $9.99 per box of 50 I pick up 8-10 boxes. Great range ammo. For that matter I haven't had any issues with Magtech, Fiocchi, PMC, CCI, or Monarch. Some are dirtier than others but all work fine for range ammo.

FWIW, my Sig P239 was tested using S&B from the factory because they included the two empty cases in the box.

I haven't tried all the different self defense rounds yet but so far I've been very impressed with Remington Golden Sabers and Hornady. I've found really good deals on self defense ammo on www.cheaperthandirt.com.

Marcus
      '99 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L

Comment

I'm pretty sure the 9mm is swaged brass jackets though.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I run it through my 9 mils and I'm pleased with it.

Comment

I used that stuff in .40 once and thought it was pretty dirty. For 9mm I use winchester white box stuff. I can get it at Walmart for 19.95 for a box of 100.
            Originally posted by Marisa
            we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

My gf has a Kimber 1911 9mm that's picky on ammo. It likes S&B.
              Last edited by Leah; Yesterday at 10:18 PM.

Comment

I used to shoot their .223 when it was still cheap, and had no problems.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Good range ammo, my .45 Kimbers like it.
                  2010 Ford SVT Raptor
                  2007 Saleen S281-SC
                  1998 BMW M Roadster
                  1961 Ford F100

Comment

They have a 140g flat nose 9mm load that my Hi-Powers love and it drops coyotes in their tracks.
                    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I've shot .45 Glock, 9mm Sig, .40 Beretta, .357 SW 686, and 380 LCP with no issues so far. go for it.

Comment

Thanks guys, I will prob order a case in the next day or so. Its cheaper then the winchester white box at walmart just due to the taxes, so it should be a great deal.

Comment

What about their shotgun ammo? The shells that are clear look pretty cool and are cheap as well. Some people with 2,3/4" chambers are complaining about it being too long and real dirty.

Comment

Working...
                          X