My first air gun....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first air gun....

I am having problems with rabbits eating my yard. I have 10" crop circles where they sit and eat to the roots.

So, I stopped by Sports Authority to look at fishing rods/reels for my upcoming trip to the east coast (rented a beach house near Kitty Hawk, NC for a week).

While I was there I noticed that all air guns were 20% off. The Gamo Big Cat Air Rifle:

Featuring an accuracy enhancing 4x32 scope, this intense, single shot air rifle packs a velocity of 1200 feet per second (fps) with PBA, 1000 fps with lead. It boasts a tough, all weather molded synthetic stock, giving it the ability to endure any weather condition and includes a convenient non-slip texture design on the grip and forearm.

It was $169.99, but on sale for $135.99. I could have gotten it cheaper (about $15) online, but I wanted it for rabbit hunting tonight.

I sighted it in on some printable targets ( http://www.mytargets.com/ ) and now I'm ready to make some rabbit stew.

you'll shoot your eye out

Comment

Why is it that when I imagine Matt and rabbit control, I picture a middle aged dude running around screaming with an angel sword?
      Originally posted by lincolnboy
      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

My dad bought one of those for the squirrels in the back yard and the damn thing sounded like a small shotgun. He quit using it because he was afraid of the neighbors calling the cops and reporting hearing gun shots. Hell my .22 with subsonic ammo was quieter than the air gun.
        Originally posted by Jester
        Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
        He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
        Originally posted by Denny
        What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
        FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
          you'll shoot your eye out
          Not a chance. That's why I bought a rifle instead of a handgun.

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
          Why is it that when I imagine Matt and rabbit control, I picture a middle aged dude running around screaming with an angel sword?
          Nah. The sword is a safe queen.

Originally posted by motoman View Post
          My dad bought one of those for the squirrels in the back yard and the damn thing sounded like a small shotgun. He quit using it because he was afraid of the neighbors calling the cops and reporting hearing gun shots. Hell my .22 with subsonic ammo was quieter than the air gun.
          It's louder than I thought, but not that damn loud.

Comment

I put together a quick review of me shooting my new tacticool air rifle:

Comment

You could have borrowed mine Matt. S&W Co2 pistol. Takes care if any varments we have (or those that Mary will let me shoot).

Is this louder than the .17?

David

Comment

Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
                You could have borrowed mine Matt. S&W Co2 pistol. Takes care if any varments we have (or those that Mary will let me shoot).

Is this louder than the .17?

David

Hell no. That .17 HMR is loud as shit! I use ear protection when shooting it, and I don't when shooting .22 LR.

Comment

lol youre not a hispanic!

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                    This ^

Even if your sword is in the safe... I still picture you running around with the sword slashing at rabbits.
                    First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

Originally posted by jason07 View Post

He's every bit messican as jluv is black!

David

Comment

Rabbits are serious business!
                        "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by jason07 View Post
                          How do you know? My last name is Gonzalez!

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                            I am having problems with rabbits eating my yard. I have 10" crop circles where they sit and eat to the roots.

So, I stopped by Sports Authority to look at fishing rods/reels for my upcoming trip to the east coast (rented a beach house near Kitty Hawk, NC for a week).

While I was there I noticed that all air guns were 20% off. The Gamo Big Cat Air Rifle:

Featuring an accuracy enhancing 4x32 scope, this intense, single shot air rifle packs a velocity of 1200 feet per second (fps) with PBA, 1000 fps with lead. It boasts a tough, all weather molded synthetic stock, giving it the ability to endure any weather condition and includes a convenient non-slip texture design on the grip and forearm.

It was $169.99, but on sale for $135.99. I could have gotten it cheaper (about $15) online, but I wanted it for rabbit hunting tonight.

I sighted it in on some printable targets ( http://www.mytargets.com/ ) and now I'm ready to make some rabbit stew.
                            I really wish you would've called me Matt. I have an air gun that would have been perfect for this job. It's about 4' long, electric solenoids release about 150psi and it fires lug nuts. I use to shoot lug nuts through car doors at the shop. It would turn a rabbit inside out and bury him at the same time.
                            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Holy shit! I don't need the ATF at my door asking about a destructive device!!

Comment

Working...
                              X