I need to take the wife out to teach her to shoot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need to take the wife out to teach her to shoot

Apparently there have been a rash of home break-ins in and around our area, and the theives aren't knocking to see if anyone is home, just kicking in the door.

I gave her the best "here is how these work, this is how to be safe" lesson last night, but we need to get to a range somewhere and put it to practice.

I want to have her shoot the shotguns and the pistols. We can go to a range, but Alpine is generally pretty busy during the weekends, so I'd like somewhere that we can spend some time without a whole bunch of noise, and the ability to shoot the shottys also.

Any ideas? This might make for a good GTG to take the wives out, too.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

my wife learned to use a gun about a month ago, she goes to the range every thursday night now
    first class white trash

Comment

This weekend might not be too bad at Alpine. There's rain in the forecast, so that may keep a lot of people away.
      "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

I'd have to recommend the Garland Public Shooting Range for that. Outdoors which makes it easier to communicate in my opinion then an indoor range. Generally it is hit or miss on how busy they are, but the range card gets you all day access and they have a shotgun range, rifle and handgun. Good relaxed, but safe atmosphere too. I noticed the shooters are more safety oriented then say Gibsons (I know, everyone hates that place).

Just keep a close eye on her, as she will be corrected if she makes a mistake and you miss it. Sometimes that can be intimidating to new shooters - I generally explain that fact up front to ease the pain. One time I took a new shooter out and she was jacking around with a bag on the shooting stand and I was talking with a buddy - did not notice. She got corrected by another shooter with a quickness. If she pays attention to range rules, is humble when corrected and never breaks a golden rule she'll be set I think.
        Originally posted by MR EDD
        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Garland is quite a treck from Mansfield. Might try Alpine
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Hey DJ, I was getting ready to post a G2G thread for Sunday at Nick M (Wario's) range.. Leah and I will be going. Give me a couple of minutes and I will link it here.
            Last edited by Chili; 04-29-2011, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
              Hey DJ, I was getting ready to post a G2G thread for Sunday at Nick (wario's) range.. Leah and I will be going. Give me a couple of minutes and I will link it here.
              I was just about to suggest this as well. Have you talked to Nick already about this? The couple of times I've shot there it's been busy (weekends) so maybe he can reserve something. Hell I might try and make it down there myself

Oh and you might change the Wario to Nick M

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                I was just about to suggest this as well. Have you talked to Nick already about this? The couple of times I've shot there it's been busy (weekends) so maybe he can reserve something. Hell I might try and make it down there myself

Oh and you might change the Wario to Nick M
                Just what he mentioned on the other thread.

G2G thread posted for anyone interested.

http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?p=224414#post224414

Comment

A shooting GTG with spouses would be awesome.
                  Ded

Comment

Working...
                  X