FBI Finger print cards - Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FBI Finger print cards - Question

Okay, was just finger printed in our jail, but there are a few areas I am not sure of on the FBI card.

First, it says Employer and Address. Is this my employer or his employer?

Can I leave this blank?

Reason Fingerprinted? I have seen some people put NFA TRANSFER, others leave it blank...advice?

Also in the DOB box, I put June instead of 6...problem?

Sending my ATF form 1 off to Tarrant County Sheriff tomorrow, but wanted to get the cards, photos, etc... all lined up so I can reduce the amount of time to get my SBR approved.

Im trying to follow this template: http://www.czechpoint-usa.com/files/...structions.pdf but it is out of date because one of the forms are not longer required.

Employer is your employer. You can write the date in however you wish. Reason I always just put BATFE Form 1 or 4.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
      Employer is your employer. You can write the date in however you wish. Reason I always just put BATFE Form 1 or 4.
      Thank you! I appreciate your info.

I was hoping you would respond since you have done this many a time.

Comment

Wow, Tarrant County works fast. They have already approved my forms(about 1 week wait). I sent 2 in so I can get a SBR .223/5.56 at a later date when I have the funds

Best part, they are mailing them back to me for free.

I doubt the BATFE will work as fast, but I am still very pleased at our Sheriff.

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
          Wow, Tarrant County works fast. They have already approved my forms(about 1 week wait). I sent 2 in so I can get a SBR .223/5.56 at a later date when I have the funds

Best part, they are mailing them back to me for free.

I doubt the BATFE will work as fast, but I am still very pleased at our Sheriff.
          Good idea, but don't the forms have to be dated? Wouldn't they "expire" at some point?

Who did you send them to? I'm in Tarrant County and I want to buy several overpriced 1 inch pieces of paper.
          "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
          -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by slow06 View Post
            Good idea, but don't the forms have to be dated? Wouldn't they "expire" at some point?

Who did you send them to? I'm in Tarrant County and I want to buy several overpriced 1 inch pieces of paper.
            Signatures are good for one year. I usually have a handful if forms already signed in case something I really want come up.

Comment

Originally posted by slow06 View Post

I sent them to Sheriff Dee Anderson, he is pro NFA and all you have to do is send him a filled out ATF Form 1 and a copy of your drivers license.

Address to send to:
              200 Taylor Street – 7th Floor
              Fort Worth, Texas 76102
              Attention: Sandra Colwell

The Sandra Colwell is his secretary that processes them through to the background, but Colwell is not her last name any more, I forget what it is now...

And yes, they do expire in 1 year, but I don't have the funds for a SBR .223/5.56 yet, but I will most definitely get a tax stamp for the lower within the year, and buy the upper at a later date. It just has to be registered before it expires, not a complete firearm.

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
                I sent them to Sheriff Dee Anderson, he is pro NFA and all you have to do is send him a filled out ATF Form 1 and a copy of your drivers license.

Address to send to:
                200 Taylor Street – 7th Floor
                Fort Worth, Texas 76102
                Attention: Sandra Colwell

The Sandra Colwell is his secretary that processes them through to the background, but Colwell is not her last name any more, I forget what it is now...

And yes, they do expire in 1 year, but I don't have the funds for a SBR .223/5.56 yet, but I will most definitely get a tax stamp for the lower within the year, and buy the upper at a later date. It just has to be registered before it expires, not a complete firearm.
                Thanks for the info, now just gotta save up the money.
                "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
                -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

make sure you use the NFA blue line cards my first stamp got kicked back because I used black line card silly government

Comment

Originally posted by bulldog896 View Post
                    make sure you use the NFA blue line cards my first stamp got kicked back because I used black line card silly government
                    Yep, ordered the blue fingerprint cards off the FBI website per the instructions on several sites.+

Comment

Working...
                    X