Stupid/Newbie question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid/Newbie question

So can I just go to a gun range and rent a gun and shoot it? I would like to go fire a couple rounds but I don't own a gun, yet. If so does anybody have any suggestions on a place to go for a first timer? I live in Irving so somewhere fairly close would be nice.
    Thanks
    Originally posted by Nash B.
    Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Some ranges do rent.
    Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

dfw gun range on mockingbird just east of 35

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Convince an experienced person to go with you.
        Last edited by Leah; Yesterday at 10:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by propellerhead View Post
          Convince an experienced person to go with you.

Any good range will make sure a new person is safe and well-informed.
          Www.greatsouthwestgun.com

Comment

Originally posted by Nick M View Post
            Any good range will make sure a new person is safe and well-informed.
            You rent handguns (and AR/AK), right?
            "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
              You rent handguns (and AR/AK), right?

Yes sir I do.

Comment

You are always welcome to go with me. I don't mind taking the time and heading to the quiet end of a range to teach the basics and just let you shoot.

I have a Glock 22, EAA Witness .40, Taurus 24/7 .45, Rossi .357/.38 revolver, (2) AR-15's, Mosin Nagant, AK-74.

No rental fees of course, but if you could bring a box of ammo or 2, it helps.

I only go once a month, so the next time is in May if you can wait that long.

Afterwards, I usually go down and shoot clays to finish off the day.

I know my first time to go to a range was intimidating. No one in my family or any of my friends like guns, so I was soloing it. Heart was pounding, really didn't know what I was doing (other than keep the barrel downrange) but I like to think I have come a good way since then.

Comment

Yes sir I do.
                  Do you have a website for your range? I'd like to check it out some time. Feel free to PM it in case the jackhole mods try to nail you for advertising.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                    Do you have a website for your range? I'd like to check it out some time. Feel free to PM it in case the jackhole mods try to nail you for advertising.
                    The URL is in his sig??

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                      The URL is in his sig??
                      <---- Sigs off.. Thanks for the heads-up.

Comment

Damn, it's close.. I need to head over there soon.. G2G this weekend?

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. I have shot a few guns so I won't be a total newb just never at a range, mostly out in the country, lol.
                          Originally posted by Nash B.
                          Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                            Damn, it's close.. I need to head over there soon.. G2G this weekend?
                            I dont work on Sat, only on Sunday. I'll have discount coupons for you and the wife if you'd like.

Nick

Comment

I dont work on Sat, only on Sunday. I'll have discount coupons for you and the wife if you'd like.

Nick
                              Sunday works. We haven't been in a while and are long overdue for some practice. Especially her.

Comment

Working...
                              X