lets talk budget sights/optics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lets talk budget sights/optics

finally got around to taking the ar out to the range and i loved the way it shot but i wasnt very accurate with the A3 carry handle.. I would like to add a red dot or something of that nature to it that is pretty simple to dial in. I would like to be very accurate at 50 yards and be able to hit something the size of a basketball at 100 yards.. anyone reccommend something for 150 or less thats not "too" bulky that i could mount that would fit my needs or is it out of the question for 150?

Just looking for opinions since most of you guys have way more experience than i do at shooting.. or if you have something you wanna sell let me know too
    "PSH!!!"

Vortex strikefire.

Comment

Originally posted by cad424 View Post
      Vortex strikefire.

x2
      Ded

Comment

Learn to use iron sights well and you'll forever be a better man.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
          Learn to use iron sights well and you'll forever be a better man.
          if you have several guns with iron sights ( i don't) does that take you up to like level 18 man/warlock status?

Comment

Word of advice.

Don't go cheap on optics.

You'll eventually replace it with something better.

Learn to shoot with Iron Sights. If you only want to hit a basket ball at 100 yards it should be VERY EASY with iron sights.

Comment

Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
              if you have several guns with iron sights ( i don't) does that take you up to like level 18 man/warlock status?
              Not owning them, but being able to shoot with them definitely gives you a power up.

Comment

Primary Arms

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                  Not owning them, but being able to shoot with them definitely gives you a power up.
                  They teach Marines to shoot far as shit on iron sights. Let's keep things in perspective, though. A lot of people think they're going to start out shooting everything through one hole, and they don't even pay attention to how their body moves when they're shooting.
                  Last edited by YALE; 04-21-2011, 02:48 AM.
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                    i loved the way it shot but i wasnt very accurate with the A3 carry handle..
                    I'm not trying to be retarded, but how much practice were you able to get and do you have good fundamentals? Should be able to do everything you want with that weapon - with iron sights.

Or do you just want a red dot?

What's not really accurate? 3" group, 6"...etc?

Anyway, based off your post you should be golden with iron sights and practice.
                    Originally posted by MR EDD
                    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                      They teach Marines to shoot far as shit on iron sights. Let's keep things in perspective, though. A lot of people think they're going to start out shooting everything through one hole, and they don't even pay attention to how their body moves when they're shooting.
                      A lot of people don't pay attention to anything while shooting. They just like to hear the gun go bang.

Part of the problem is only being able to shoot paper at ranges. If there was more "plinking" done, there would be more fun had learning to be a good shot.

Comment

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
                        Primary Arms
                        If you are set on cheap - I second this.
                        "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
                        -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I am going to put my Burris Fastfire II on my AR with a LaRue mount. It's small and only weighs 1.6 ounces and with that mount it will co-witness with the iron sights.
                          Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                          Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
                            Primary Arms
                            Which Primary Arms optic do you own?

Comment

Bushnell MP Trophy Red Dot

good price , pretty durable for that price range too.
                              so far happy with it.

I'd have to agree with the comments about iron sights too.
                              having played with many cheap scopes and sights - a good set of iron sights are priceless if you can use them.
                              really there is NO BETTER way to learn.
                              ill be the first to admit though I am just not fond of iron sights commonly found now, like peep sights , or leaf ones that can bumped around.
                              but for the distance / accuracy you are talking about - any irons would work fine.
                              now for speed, I really feel red dots are hard to beat.

Comment

Working...
                              X