Daredevil on Netflix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zachary View Post
    Just finished it, good ending for season 1, I hate how they make a fight between pin and DD an actual fight, after that badass nobu fight, some fat bald guy shouldnt be able to do all that!
    I know he's fat and bald but kingpin weighs is supposed to weigh 500lbs and bench 650 with merc training skills. He's never been a pushover in any confrontation.
    sigpic

Comment

This show certainly exceeded my expectations, I just finished it. Looking forward to the next season.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
        This show certainly exceeded my expectations, I just finished it. Looking forward to the next season.
        I finished it as well. It's basically Arrow reskinned. Not saying that is a bad thing, but it was like watching season 1 of arrow all over again.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
          I finished it as well. It's basically Arrow reskinned. Not saying that is a bad thing, but it was like watching season 1 of arrow all over again.
          If by reskinned, you mean turned into a show with a much more mature atmosphere, sure.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
            If by reskinned, you mean turned into a show with a much more mature atmosphere, sure.
            Have you watched arrow? The fight scenes, the brutality, and atmosphere are all on par with Daredevil. The story is the exact same.

Arrow. Loss of his father drove oiliver queen to become a vigilante that's hell bent on saving his city. There is a sophisticated, yet deadly villain that uses money and threats to control other lessor villains into manipulating the city services for evil. The end game is to destroy the city and allow it to rebuild. The hero then beats the crap out of everyone in an attempt to stop this.

Daredevil. Loss of his father drove Matt Murdock to become a vigilante that's hell bent on saving his city. There is a sophisticated, yet deadly villain that uses money and threats to control other lessor villains into manipulating the city services for evil. The end game is to destroy the city and allow it to rebuild. The hero then beats the crap out of everyone in an attempt to stop this.

The similarities go on too. They both have a surly, badass mentor that has questionable morals. Both best friends find out the identity and have serious problems with it. They both nearly get killed and start doubting themselves.

Comment

Have you watched arrow? The fight scenes, the brutality, and atmosphere are all on par with Daredevil. The story is the exact same.

Arrow. Loss of his father drove oiliver queen to become a vigilante that's hell bent on saving his city. There is a sophisticated, yet deadly villain that uses money and threats to control other lessor villains into manipulating the city services for evil. The end game is to destroy the city and allow it to rebuild. The hero then beats the crap out of everyone in an attempt to stop this.

Daredevil. Loss of his father drove Matt Murdock to become a vigilante that's hell bent on saving his city. There is a sophisticated, yet deadly villain that uses money and threats to control other lessor villains into manipulating the city services for evil. The end game is to destroy the city and allow it to rebuild. The hero then beats the crap out of everyone in an attempt to stop this.

The similarities go on too. They both have a surly, badass mentor that has questionable morals. Both best friends find out the identity and have serious problems with it. They both nearly get killed and start doubting themselves.
              I'd bet money the comic characters were invented in the same period, but they're both ripping off Batman to some degree.
              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Yes, I watch arrow, and I'm up to date on it. DareDevil was much more brutal, graphic, and felt much more like a mature show than Arrow with the level of realism and gritty nature it used.

I'm not talking about the content of the story.

I like Arrow as well, but in the end, it's still a CW show and its apparent.
                sigpic

Comment

Jon Bernthal, Shane from Walking Dead, has been cast as Punisher for the next season of Daredevil.

For his next comic book television show, actor Jon Bernthal will find himself doling out some [...]

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                    Jon Bernthal, Shane from Walking Dead, has been cast as Punisher for the next season of Daredevil.

http://comicbook.com/2015/06/08/jon-...evil-season-2/
                    Meh. I don't like the characters this dude plays. Didn't like Shane or his role in Fury. I guess we'll see how he does with this.

Comment

I am excited to see John Bernthal play Punisher in season 2!

Comment

I like him because he plays a good bad guy which makes me not like him. Seems lile a good role for him.

Comment

Season 2 released today!

Comment

oh cool I was bored as fuck
                            sigpic

Comment

The Punisher is fucking shit up!
                              "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                                The Punisher is fucking shit up!
                                !!!

One episode down, 12 to go.
                                "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Working...
                                X