What HD Antenna are you guys using?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What HD Antenna are you guys using?

We're trying to adjust to life without cable (wife mostly)... Have a roku for all our movies, etc. But would really like some local live tv options.

Anyone have any recommendations?

I bought the biggest one from Radio Shack, it was like 13 feet long. I could get some Oklahoma channels from my house in Little Elm. I installed it inside my attic.

Comment

This is the one, highly recommended if you have the room. http://www.winegarddirect.com/viewit...HD7698P)&post=

For some reason it's almost $75 cheaper buying straight from the manufacturer now.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
        I bought the biggest one from Radio Shack, it was like 13 feet long. I could get some Oklahoma channels from my house in Little Elm. I installed it inside my attic.
        Do you think it it would work in the attic on a house with a metal roof?

Comment

I don't have an attic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by danielhv View Post
            We're trying to adjust to life without cable (wife mostly)... Have a roku for all our movies, etc. But would really like some local live tv options.

Anyone have any recommendations?
            After getting showbox. I need to find something to play it in my tv. I would cancel my cable if i start getting showbox on my tv. Cable was 30 bucks when i was a get. Was so easy to ROOT cable boxes or steal cable. Those were the days.

Comment

What is an HD antenna? I have the same antenna I bought in 1986 and it works just fine.

Comment

I have this one and the amplified version as well

I run it from the tv to the window where it hangs in the upper corner, out of site and works great for news channels

Amplified version picks up channels 4-68 no problem

all depends on your elevation and location
                Big Rooster Racing
                1985 Mustang GT

Comment

I removed an old Radio Shack attic antenna from a house my father bought in Duncanville and remounted it up in the attic of our house in Red Oak and plumbed it into the cable splitter in the attic which has an outlet for every bedroom and the living room. I can pull in around 70 or so channels (after deleting all the spanish, religious, shopping, and political crap that drops to about 25 or so)...I'm left with ALL of the local channels and their subchannels....with almost perfect reception and crystal clear picture.

Comment

Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
                    Do you think it it would work in the attic on a house with a metal roof?
                    It will impact the reception for sure, it really depends how far from the source you are.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X