hulu plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hulu plus

I've had Netflix for a while and love it because of House of Cards and movies. I recently picked up Hulu to watch shark tank and south park. Long story short, I'm disappointed. There are a ton of commercials. I'd say it's as bad or worse than regular tv, and this is made worse by the fact that they show the same string of commercials over and over. Another gripe I have is that Hulu doesn't retain all the seasons of shows (ie only 10 available episodes, when new ones come out, the old ones disappear and don't come back.)

Anyone else have Hulu?
    2012 GT500

I had hulu plus for awhile. I rate it at a C- .... the movie choices sucked ass.... the tv show choices were so-so. I dropped hulu after 8-9 months because I was not watching anything really. And yes the commercials sucked as well, but I could deal with it better than lack of programming I was interested to watch
    sigpic

Comment

yeah crap. Amazon prime is much more like netflix, but with different titles. Hulu is crap.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

My only gripe with amazon prime is you can't watch it on your phone without wifi, unlike netflix. Amazon is only like 75 for a year and you get free 2day shipping for the year as well.
        Detailing is an Obsession!!

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"

Comment

I have had Hulu since they did the beta in 07. Shortly after Hulu plus was released the whole thing went to shit. I really tried to give Plus a shot, but the commercials being there even after I was paying left a bad taste in my mouth. I stick to Amazon Prime, Netflix, and Projectfreetv.com now. Hulu can suck a dick.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
            I have had Hulu since they did the beta in 07. Shortly after Hulu plus was released the whole thing went to shit. I really tried to give Plus a shot, but the commercials being there even after I was paying left a bad taste in my mouth. I stick to Amazon Prime, Netflix, and Projectfreetv.com now. Hulu can suck a dick.
            I worked for GE when they did the beta, and had it too (NBC was a partner on that launch), but only used it a few times. Back then the only thing I had to stream to was a computer though, and I hate watching TV on a PC or laptop.

Comment

Hulu is fucking terrible. I dumped that shit about 2 months in.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                yeah crap. Amazon prime is much more like netflix, but with different titles. Hulu is crap.
                Yup, I dropped hulu because of the commercials and got Amazon prime. I will easily make up the yearly subscription to prime just in the free shipping.

Comment

What's the selection like on prime? Dropping cable in a couple months and looking to see other than Netflix what is out there to get shows and movies.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk
                  Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

Originally posted by petyweestraw View Post
                    What's the selection like on prime? Dropping cable in a couple months and looking to see other than Netflix what is out there to get shows and movies.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                      Thanks for the couches man
                      2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                        Thanks for the couches man
                        No problem.

Comment

Run regular hulu on your PC, and chromecast it.
                          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

If you notice, amazon prime and netflix pretty much carry the same stuff. Occasionally you'll see something the other doesn't have. Netflix has Escape from LA, and Amazon has Escape from New York. But, other than that it's mostly teh same stuff, or when netflix's lease expires for a particular show, it ends up on amazon and vice versa.
                            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                              Run regular hulu on your PC, and chromecast it.
                              Who are you talking to / what problem does that solve?

We have a chromecast and have used it a bit. I prefer it to using our bluray player that has the netflix and hulu apps (the interface is a PITA and takes too long to navigate).

I need to get a new surround sound with HDMI capabilities. My current receiver doesn't have it so when using the chromecast we have to use the TV's audio, which isn't great. That's my only real gripe about it so far since normally all the sound is coming through my receiver.

We have had Amazon Prime for several years, but have only used their streaming a few times. I probably need to look into that more, though we also have Netflix, so based on CJ's post, maybe I can dump Netflix.

Comment

Working...
                              X