Just finished watching Banshee, season one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just finished watching Banshee, season one

If you have Cinemax, set the DVR to record the repeats, they should run them again I'd imagine. Pretty good show, some hot chicks, sex, guns, etc...

Wikipedia summary:

Banshee takes place in the fictional small town of Banshee, Pennsylvania. After serving 15 years in prison for stealing diamonds from a Ukrainian gangster called Mr. Rabbit, the unnamed protagonist travels to Banshee to find his heist accomplice and former lover, Anastasia. When he finds her, the protagonist learns that she is now a married mother of two living under the assumed identity of Carrie Hopewell. Later, when the incoming Sheriff is killed, the protagonist takes on his identity as Lucas Hood, becoming the town's new Sheriff. Banshee sees Hood struggle with adapting to his new identity while dealing with the machinations of local crime lord Kai Proctor, and remaining hidden from Rabbit.

I didn't like that show. My wife and I were laughing about how unrealistic it is to PA. Storyline was kind of over the top as well. I lasted 2 eps.

Comment

It's completely unrealistic / over the top, but it is entertaining. Plenty of fights and shootouts, and a hot chick gets em out pretty much every episode. There are worse things to watch for sure.

Comment

I like how the Amish "mafia" guy basically controls the whole town. lol

Comment

I was out when I read "Mr. Rabbit."
          How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Hell, just about any show out is unrealistic; this certainly falls into that category. I liken it to Justified. A "cop” and everything pretty much falls his way, LOL. Is it intriguing like Breaking Bad, no, but IMO worth watching. I set the DVR to record a shit-ton of shows, watch a few episodes, and delete the really crappy ones, watch the decent to good ones on weekends when there is nothing else to do. The amish girls tits are OK to look at too

Comment

I enjoy this show. Sure its unrealistic, as most everything on TV, but who cares? Lol. Its action packed, probably the most violent show I have seen. And yes, T&A in every episode too!

Comment

Just finished season one, watching season 2 now. I like it. Totally unrealistic, but lots of fights and lots of sluts. I love sluts.
                Originally posted by BradM
                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                Originally posted by Leah
                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I prefer Strike Back
                  Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
                  It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Is no one watching this? I just wrapped up season 2 episode 10, finale. Fucking awesome.
                    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I'm still watching it. Its one of my favorites. Going to watch the finale tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by Cannon88 View Post
                        I'm still watching it. Its one of my favorites. Going to watch the finale tonight!
                        It is pretty explosive. I didn't like it at first as it seemed to be a single flash back but once you get halfway in, you figure out you are watching two different periods of time.
                        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I'll have to give it another shot...started off good, but really lost me when they tried to bring all the fake assed bikers in town about midway thru season 1.
                          70' Chevelle RagTop
                          (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Season 3 starts tonight!

Comment

Anyone else still watching? Last episode was brutal! Most violent show ever, lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X