Alternatives to Netflix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternatives to Netflix

How does Hulu compare, and what else is out there that is similar?

Hulu plus is awesome, for TV shows, awful for movies and they still have commercials.

Sent from a bathroom

Comment

Originally posted by Fry86 View Post
      Hulu plus is awesome, for TV shows, awful for movies and they still have commercials.

Sent from a bathroom
      I concur...I had Hulu Plus before switching to Netflix. hulu plus was A+ on tv shows even old ones like Fall Guy. But their movie selection was a pretty sorry excuse.

Some people hated the commercials, probably because of the severity of attention disorder in this country today. Myself did not mind it too much, but to each their own.

for awhile a friend had netflix when I had Hulu plus and we just exchanged login id/password. getting access to both for price of one was cool.
      sigpic

Comment

Amazon Prime isn't bad.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Netflix has the market cornered for cheap entertainment! nothing really compares to it

Comment

im getting a wii and a net flix account for Christmas.. anything I should know before signing up or things I should expect? thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by Damnittsteve View Post
              im getting a wii and a net flix account for Christmas.. anything I should know before signing up or things I should expect? thanks for the help.
              first get a real game console like a PS3.

I guess the only gripe i have about netflix is being able to search movies by category. example, if i want to see a documentary, i would like to see all the movies/shows relating to documentaries.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jefehbk View Post
                first get a real game console like a PS3.

I guess the only gripe i have about netflix is being able to search movies by category. example, if i want to see a documentary, i would like to see all the movies/shows relating to documentaries.
                its a gift you goob, im not gunna complain, and I rarely play video games. I just want to use it for Netflix. thanks for that info though

Comment

Eric, Redbox has actually rolled out their version of streaming videos, with a newer selection of movies as well as , I *think*, the option to get 10 new releases a month streaming, as well as what they already have in their movie q, for $8/month.

It's the beta, so I would assume they will work out the kinks.

-keith

Comment

I have both at the moment, I keep getting hulu plus and then ditching it a month later. Like everyone said if they carry a TV show they have ALL of it. However, they don't have anything, and the commercials make me wonder what I'm paying for. Netflix is great for casual viewing, but forget about finding a movie you want to see, that almost never happens. I just wish the legality behind it all would just stop the BS with lease periods. The best answer is torrents unfortunately.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

How do you use torrent?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Comment

Does Hulu plus allow you to stream premium channels as well (HBO, Skinemax, etc...) or just your basic cable channels (FX, USA, Discover, etc...)?

Also, if it has commercials, how long are the breaks, and how often?
                        How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
                          Does Hulu plus allow you to stream premium channels as well (HBO, Skinemax, etc...) or just your basic cable channels (FX, USA, Discover, etc...)?

Also, if it has commercials, how long are the breaks, and how often?
                          It will depend on the show. The breaks are usually 30 seconds to a minute not a huge deal, but there are no commercials on Netflix

Sent from a bathroom

Comment

I signed up for amazon prime last night, I had a student 6mo trial, but you can't get movies with that. They seem to have less quanity, but more quality as far as movies go. TV shows seem to mirror netflix and hulu.
                            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                              I signed up for amazon prime last night, I had a student 6mo trial, but you can't get movies with that. They seem to have less quanity, but more quality as far as movies go. TV shows seem to mirror netflix and hulu.
                              They have way less TV shows than Netflix.
                              How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Working...
                              X