Hey music experts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey music experts

any of you guys heard of a band few years back called LOSA ??? they were from Dallas area i think?
    RIP Roy Sebastion Fraga "lil' Roy" born december 7th 2010 gone back to heaven december 7th 2010. your always in our hearts and thoughts my special little grandson.

Nope. According to their dormant myspace page though they were from Dallas. Metal Encyclopia doesn't have anything on them other than their name and location. Their Myspace seems to have one of their albums (only album?) up streaming.
    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by OMEGA DOOM View Post
      any of you guys heard of a band few years back called LOSA ??? they were from Dallas area i think?
      Yeah they were last around in 2006ish and only put one album out I think. Drummer and guitarist left and they got dropped from the label. I grew up with Josh their bass player.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamLX View Post
        Yeah they were last around in 2006ish and only put one album out I think. Drummer and guitarist left and they got dropped from the label. I grew up with Josh their bass player.
        ok cool their singer Michael works with me says they got screwed bigtime by that label but knowing him i would have never guessed he sang like that cool dude for sure!
        RIP Roy Sebastion Fraga "lil' Roy" born december 7th 2010 gone back to heaven december 7th 2010. your always in our hearts and thoughts my special little grandson.

Comment

Originally posted by OMEGA DOOM View Post
          ok cool their singer Michael works with me says they got screwed bigtime by that label but knowing him i would have never guessed he sang like that cool dude for sure!
          Typically, no label is going to pay someone a lot of money on the front end, and a lot of bands go broke after their first album. They make money touring, and if they're not super tight, and don't put on a great show, they tend to waste a lot of development money in the studio trying to recut the album they probably already made on their own dime in the first place, and used as a demo. It sucks, but in all fairness, I'd bet the label didn't recover everything they spent on that band, either.
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
            Typically, no label is going to pay someone a lot of money on the front end, and a lot of bands go broke after their first album. They make money touring, and if they're not super tight, and don't put on a great show, they tend to waste a lot of development money in the studio trying to recut the album they probably already made on their own dime in the first place, and used as a demo. It sucks, but in all fairness, I'd bet the label didn't recover everything they spent on that band, either.
            forgot about my ow damn thread thanks for the info!

Comment

I saw them at the Curtain Club back in 05 or 06. I want to say their album was on Metalblade. Their vocalist was a skinny dude with long hair IIRC. He had a set of pipes for sure.

Comment

Working...
              X