Lincoln (2012)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lincoln (2012)

The film is scheduled for limited release on November9, 2012 and wide release on November 16, 2012, by DreamWorks through Disney’s Touchstone distribution label in the U.S.

DreamWorks has announced that the film "will focus on the political collision of Lincoln and the powerful men of his cabinet on the road to abolition and the end of the Civil War." According to Spielberg, Doris Kearns Goodwin's entire book about Lincoln's presidency is "much too big" for a film, and said that the film will focus on the last few months of Lincoln's life, the ending of slavery and the Union victory in the Civil War. Spielberg said that "what permanently ended slavery was the very close vote in the House of Representatives over the 13th Amendment – that story I'm excited to tell." Spielberg plans to show "Lincoln at work, not just Lincoln standing around posing for the history books...arguably the greatest working President in American history doing some of the greatestwork for the world."

Originally posted by talisman
    I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
    Originally posted by AdamLX
    If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    Because fuck you, that's why
    Originally posted by 80coupe
    nice dick, Idrivea4banger
    Originally posted by Rick Modena
    ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

What is it with you and movies man? Do you live on IMDB.com? lol
    2004 Mustang GT: BBK shorty headers, BBK O/R X, Flowmaster catback, JLT cold air, Trickflow 75mm TB and Plenum, UD pulleys, upper and lower CA's, 3.73, SCT XCal 2 ---- SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by DeddRekoning View Post
      What is it with you and movies man? Do you live on IMDB.com? lol
      Lol, I just surf the net a lot and see what new movies are coming out. I don't even click in IMDB. FilmDrunk is one of my go to pages for movie info. Also I see a lot of trailers on Zune marketplace before they even make it to Yahoo! and whatnot.
      Originally posted by talisman
      I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
      Originally posted by AdamLX
      If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      Because fuck you, that's why
      Originally posted by 80coupe
      nice dick, Idrivea4banger
      Originally posted by Rick Modena
      ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
      Originally posted by Jester
      Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

I tend to see the damn trailers while watching movies in the theaters and always forget what they were afterwards. I'll have to check out FilmDrunk.
        2004 Mustang GT: BBK shorty headers, BBK O/R X, Flowmaster catback, JLT cold air, Trickflow 75mm TB and Plenum, UD pulleys, upper and lower CA's, 3.73, SCT XCal 2 ---- SOLD

Comment

So this isn't about the part in his life when he killed vampires?
          De Oppresso Liber.

Comment

Originally posted by 95ragtop View Post
            So this isn't about the part in his life when he killed vampires?
            That part of his life always confused me. Was that before our after he chopped down the cherry tree and had that duel with Aaron Burr?
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Trailer

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Remember that Daniel Day Lewis movie that sucked?
                Yea, me either.
                sigpic

Comment

looks like a snoozer. where's the tits and exploding shit?

Comment

Is Mary Lincoln played by Tommy Lee Jones?

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                      Remember that Daniel Day Lewis movie that sucked?
                      Yea, me either.
                      Not sure if serious, but he's an exceptional actor.

I don't much care for a Brit portraying one of our Presidents though. Though when they do a movie about Obama, I wouldn't mind some raghead sack of shit to portray him.
                      How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
                        Not sure if serious, but he's an exceptional actor.

I don't much care for a Brit portraying one of our Presidents though. Though when they do a movie about Obama, I wouldn't mind some raghead sack of shit to portray him.
                        Where ever you go Geoff, Elvis will find you!!

Comment

Working...
                        X