iPod docks/alarm clocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPod docks/alarm clocks

Okay, someone help me out. I need alarm clock docking stations for my boys and their iPods. They both have a current gen 8GB touch. They need the clock and charge station more than the music quality as both have pretty decent stereo/speaker setups in their rooms that they can plug into for volume and quality. This is mostly for charging them each night, and I'm tired of seeing their iPod's all over the house plugged in.

Here's the catch. They have those Griffin survivor cases or whatever they are on them. I tried putting them on my iHome dock, but they won't fit. I don't want to have to take the case off of their touch every time they plug it in the dock. Does anyone know of a clock/docking station that will work with that case? TIA.

I had an Ihome (can't remember which model, but I'll check when I get home) and it had adapters for all the different ipods/iphones or you could take out the adapter and fits ones with large cases.
    Ded

Comment

Originally posted by VaderTT View Post
      I had an Ihome (can't remember which model, but I'll check when I get home) and it had adapters for all the different ipods/iphones or you could take out the adapter and fits ones with large cases.
      Thanks, I appreciate that. I didn't take the adapters out on my dock to see if it would work. I'll try that when I get home as well. Good idea. I'd like to find something a lot less than what most of those go for though. LOL My clock/dock was like $100. My boys are 4 and 8, so I'm hoping for $40 or less each.

Comment

Yeah, be carefull when the adapters are out. The plug will be the only thing supporting the ipod/iphone and I could see either the male or female side to get jacked up if someone was rough with it.

My iphone 4s with an otterbox fit and so did my itouch with the gel case.
        Ded

Comment

Originally posted by VaderTT View Post
          Yeah, be carefull when the adapters are out. The plug will be the only thing supporting the ipod/iphone and I could see either the male or female side to get jacked up if someone was rough with it.

My iphone 4s with an otterbox fit and so did my itouch with the gel case.
          Okay. I trust my 8 year old to be gentle, but not my 4 year old. I may just put a wall charger in his room and attach it to the back of his nightstand with about 6" of cord showing.

Comment

Working...
          X