Chernobyl Diaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chernobyl Diaries

Not usually much for horror movies, but I've always been fascinated with the ruins of Pripyat. The real life parallel of what actually happened might make this worth seeing.

Looks pretty cool, especially considering the history.

Comment

I will make it to Pripyat one day and do a tour. It's one of the reasons I got my passport last year, even thought it will probably be awhile before I make it with everything else I've got going right now. Ever since I saw those pictures that chick on the motorcycle took I can't get that place out of my head.

Comment

I had heard that the blog of the motochick was somewhat fabricated. Can't remember where I read that it was on one of the many motorcycle forums I'm a part of.

Edit don't leave the van. Setup a perimeter as best you can arm yourselves with whatever weapons you can find and no one sleeps unless you have enough people to make that possible. You sure as fuck don't go venturing into buildings where you just saw some "hills have eyes" type people.
        Last edited by Downs; 04-19-2012, 06:47 PM.
        2004 Suzuki DL650
        1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

Originally posted by Downs View Post
          I had heard that the blog of the motochick was somewhat fabricated. Can't remember where I read that it was on one of the many motorcycle forums I'm a part of.
          I recall something similar, but I think it was more around areas being illegal that weren't, but I can't remember all the details.

Comment

Welp, I made it to 1:41 before I paused it. I aint going to bed after watching some shit like that. I'll finish it in the morning. Seems like a pretty neat idea though!
            DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
              I will make it to Pripyat one day and do a tour. It's one of the reasons I got my passport last year, even thought it will probably be awhile before I make it with everything else I've got going right now. Ever since I saw those pictures that chick on the motorcycle took I can't get that place out of my head.
              I'm sure youve seen
              The VICE Guide To Travel: Chernobyl, Ukraine A GHOST TOWN CALLED CHERNOBYL On the 26th of April 1986 shortly after midnight, to be precise, at 1:23 GMT, there occurred near the Ukrainian town of Chernobyl a tremendous explosion at a huge nuclear power plant, followed by a gradual meltdown of the reactor No. 4. Chernobyl is situated 80 miles north-west of Kiev, the ancient capital of Ukraine and the Soviet Union’s third largest city. It was by far the worst nuclear reactor accident ever, which immediately sent a radioactive cloud across neighbouring Byelorussia, Poland and the Baltic Republics towards Scandinavia. Within days, borne by shifting winds, radioactive mists wafted beyond Soviet borders and spread across most of Europe causing anxiety, apprehension and fear. The most badly affected were the Republics of Ukraine and Byelorussia. They suffered large scale involuntary irradiation, due to extensive secrecy, and great economic damage. Furthermore the contaminated air mass passed over large areas of Poland and also over parts of Czechoslovakia, Hungary, Romania and Yugoslavia and a number of West European countries. Till now the land is abandoned, thousands of houses, thousands acres of the land, everything is now stays almost the same as it was 20 years ago. Nowadays there guided tours are being conducted to this area. www.viceland.com/guidetotravel

Should be streaming on netflix too.
              DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

i think its already on Zune video marketplace.

nope, nevermind thats the trailer thats on there. im sure it will be on there soon

its not on netflix.
                Last edited by idrivea4banger; 04-20-2012, 01:00 AM.
                Originally posted by talisman
                I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                Originally posted by AdamLX
                If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                Because fuck you, that's why
                Originally posted by 80coupe
                nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                Originally posted by Rick Modena
                ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                Originally posted by Jester
                Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                  I recall something similar, but I think it was more around areas being illegal that weren't, but I can't remember all the details.
                  Yeah I can't either I just remember reading it and thinking how bad ass it was.
                  2004 Suzuki DL650
                  1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

I've worked out the tour with the guides in Pripyat, I plan on visiting it soon. They have many different options and things to see. The only issue is you can't plan it for certain, some days you can enter the city for a time period, some days you cant. If it's rained, had high winds, or anything like that the radiation is too high. Chernobyl is a operating plant and you can visit it if you like, not an issue.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                      Exactly!!!! Same shit! She got it stuck in my head and I am dying to go see this place.
                      May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
                      Semper Fi

Comment

I have a long lesson I teach about Chernobyl and Pripyat in my environmental science class. As a matter of fact, we just got done studying about Three Mile Island.

Comment

think i may see this movie today. Anyone seen it yet?
                          May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
                          Semper Fi

Comment

Apparently the hills have eyes in Russia, too.
                            "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                              Apparently the hills have eyes in Russia, too.
                              That was the movie, I was trying to think of when I see the previews. Thanks!

Very interested in the whole meltdown deal and all the work still going to happen, but I just can't spend money on this movie.
                              Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Comment

Working...
                              X