No announcement yet.

Southland on TNT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to see a thread about the show - I'm a big fan.

Have a question for everyone - what's the connection between the female detective w/ the baby, and the guy from "That Thing You Do" (Guy, the drummer)? Who is he? Ex-cop, boyfriend, both or what? She met him at a diner, and he's been in the last two episodes.

Lastly, do we think Cooper will survive into next season or will they kill him off? He's a pretty big character to discard, IMO.

Comment

I have 6 on the DVR to watch, watched 1 of them last night, so I aint reading the posts, but it is a great series!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Pencil View Post
        Glad to see a thread about the show - I'm a big fan.

Have a question for everyone - what's the connection between the female detective w/ the baby, and the guy from "That Thing You Do" (Guy, the drummer)? Who is he? Ex-cop, boyfriend, both or what? She met him at a diner, and he's been in the last two episodes.

Lastly, do we think Cooper will survive into next season or will they kill him off? He's a pretty big character to discard, IMO.
        He was her former partner. Can't remember the exact details but I think he got shot and retired from the force.

I hope they keep Cooper around, he would be a pretty major character to lose.

Comment

Man, just saw this one last night. Thought the whole Sherman situation would blow up worse than that, but I guess they are just going to call it quits.

Cooper started to convulse right at the end of the episode...I don't think he's going to make it.

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
            Man, just saw this one last night. Thought the whole Sherman situation would blow up worse than that, but I guess they are just going to call it quits.

Cooper started to convulse right at the end of the episode...I don't think he's going to make it.
            I dunno, Cooper has had some close calls before. When Cooper had his neck bit I thought he was done for then, I think they are going to keep him around.

Comment

Cooper had 9 lives, HAD. I think he's done personally. He like was stated above has been through so much. I can't wait to see the story continue with Ben next season. Now that will be interesting. And I wanna see his crazy ex gf do something.

BTW, How about that big black dude falling on the reebar?! Holy shit. This show gets graphic like the Shield used to get. I really enjoy it.

Comment

There will be no next season. Son of a....

http//insidetv.ew.com/2013/05/10/southland-cancelled/

TNT has cancelled crime drama Southland (while calling it “one of the best police dramas ever made”) and freshman medical drama Monday Mornings. Southland aired five seasons, first starting out on NBC before switching to TNT, while Monday Mornings was a freshman show.

Here’s the network statements:

TNT has made the difficult decision not to renew Southland for another season. We are enormously proud of Southland, which stands as one of the best police dramas ever made. Executive producers John Wells, Chris Chulack and Jonathan Lisco, along with creator Ann Biderman and our partners at Warner Bros. Television, have given us five seasons of powerful, unforgettable storytelling, for which we are deeply grateful. We also want to thank the amazing cast for their impassioned, no-holds-barred performances, and the production team for their tenacity shooting on the streets of real-world Los Angeles. We wish everyone associated with Southland the very best.

TNT has decided not to renew the medical drama Monday Mornings for a second season. We are extremely grateful to executive producers David E. Kelly, Bill D’Elia and Dr. Sanjay Gupta, on whose novel the series was based. They crafted a unique and powerfully moving drama full of memorable situations and characters brought to life by a terrific ensemble cast. Unfortunately the show never built its audience enough to warrant its continuation. We wish everyone involved with Monday Mornings the best and hope to work with them again in the future.

Comment

What the fuck!? That's bullshit! They cancel good shit like this, and keep the crap. I expect this from a major network, but not a cable network. TNT officially sucks balls.

Comment

Man what bullshit! I can't believe they are cancelling this show. I just started watching all the previous seasons (I'm on season 3 right now) and it's one of the best police dramas that's been on in a long time.

Comment

That is complete suck! It would be nice if HBO, Showtime, or Cinemax would pick them up.

F*ckn Bastards

Edit: Maybe they should have invested some money in advertisement.

Comment

What a crock of shit

Comment

TNT cancelling this series still pisses me off! I think Southland and Third Watch were some of the best police dramas aired in the past 10-15 years.

Comment

Working...
                          X