blockbuster is gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blockbuster is gone

anyone else notice that neither online or the actual stores have been getting the new release movies for the past 2 weeks? freaking sucks. guess I'm cancelling that service. They just have not had any of the new releases, such as The Dilemma, Blue Valentine, No Strings Attached, etc.
    HD Parts
    paul@maverickhd.com

The 2 stores out here in Abilene have been closed for almost a month now.... I drove by one and they were just throwing away all the movies that didn't sell. Later there were people dumpster-diving to get them out.

Comment

I still have a few friends who work out there. They say that previous BB management was a Godsend compared to Dish management. Now THAT'S saying something.
      How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

I think Dish just wanted their online streaming infrastructure - or the titles.

Comment

I just want an actual store I can go to and look for a movie, none of this waiting for the mail bullshit, and I don't like redbox! I used to pay 20 a month at Blockbuster and I could get one movie or game and keep it as long as I wanted or trade it in everyday for something else, now I can't!
          Originally posted by Nash B.
          Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

You guys have heard of streaming video, right?

Netflix, Vudu, Amazon, Cinemanow, DISH Cinema, etc...They all stream HD content. And services like Vudu will let you stream new release movies in 1080p video w/Dolby Digital Plus audio. Hit a few buttons and you're watching a flick right now. Why burn gas and waste time going to the store and back to rent a disk. Brick & mortar video rental stores are dead. Netflix and Redbox destroyed that concept in relatively short order with no late fees, BDs/DVDs delivered to your mail box, instant streaming, fair price, etc...Hollywood Video went under almost immediately following the advent and fast rising popularity of Netflix and Redbox. Block Buster stayed afloat just a little longer, but wasn't long before they started strategically shutting down some of the stores with slower foot traffic. My closest BB store closed shop over a year ago.

Comment

Working...
            X