Mr. Pookie & Mr. Lucci

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Pookie & Mr. Lucci

Not sure how many of you remember these guys or if y'all even know who they are. Local Dallas rappers who pretty much put the D on the map. Sold the most independent also I believe.

Probably hands down my favorite rapper ever is Mr. Lucci.

Got a chance to meet these guys yesterday and a few other times, Pookie even did a song with a friend of mine in Garland.... They are some down to earth guys. Not what you'd expect from a rap artist I guess.

Well if you're into rap they both just dropped new albums.

Mr. Pookie - Ventilation of a Crook
    Mr. Lucci - v.v.s.

I'm a crook 4 life, you don't wanna fuck wit me.
    Originally posted by talisman
    I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
    Originally posted by AdamLX
    If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    Because fuck you, that's why
    Originally posted by 80coupe
    nice dick, Idrivea4banger
    Originally posted by Rick Modena
    ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Brings back memories from HS.

Comment

I used to work with one of their cousins back in high school (can't remember which one) but he said they pretty much got bent over by the record label and didn't have enough money to take off their grills. Hopefully they do well because this white boy used to nod his head to that shit back in the day.
        An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

They seem to be doing pretty good right now. Three albums just dropped including the 10th Anniversary Album.

The way I heard it their record label screwed them over and pretty much everything they had done in the past was pretty much gone they didn't own any of the rights to it anymore.

When the Mavericks beat the Lakers in game 4 Lucci bought the first 100 people burgers, lol so yeah he's not doing bad.

Comment

Hell ya, I'll be on the look out for those albums. Where are they available?
            Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Stoney Crook

Comment

Wow, I remember them from like 99-00. They kind of fell off the map.

Comment

I just listened to one of their songs the other day. HS For sure! Might have to check out the new albums

Comment

I thought Mr. Pookie was one of Mike Pattons "projects?"
                    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

The guys I never heard of put Dallas on the map? meh...

Comment

Originally posted by clevelandkid View Post
                        Yeah they really are the ones who put Dallas on the map as far as rap artist goes... A whole lot more lyrical then most of the rappers now days.

I purchased the albums directly off of Lucci himself.... He has his number posted on his personal facebook page. I called it and asked him where I can get them and he told me to just meet him up.

Comment

You've been here all of what? A year or two? Both guys were HUGE back in the day, around here. Both also got tons of national air time.

Anyone remember Lock Down Inmates from the Cliff?
                          Originally posted by BradM
                          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I used to jam to them when I lived in Florida lmao. I had a Quake buddy that told me about them and he lived in OakCliff. That was one of the reasons I came/moved to Texas. haha

Along with Playa Fly and some Tommy Wright III.
                            Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                            Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Glad to see people on here actually like them.... I figured I would get bashed just for posting two rap artist on dfwmustangs, LOL!!

To be honest if you ask my grandma to this day she'll tell you her favorite rapper is Lucci. If only she knew the words he was twisting together haha!

FWIW, if you go to their webpage you can purchase their old albums and new stuff in a box set of 10 CDs for only $30.

I've never heard anyone say they dislike them. Some of their songs are like anthems in Dallas.
                              Last edited by papapepper; 05-16-2011, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X