The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virgninia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virgninia

Those of you with netflix ought to check out this Documentary. It follows the lives of a crazy hillbilly family from West Virginia for a year.

They are a truly fascinating and entertaining bunch to watch, if only to make you feel better about how much more normal your "dysfunctional" family is in comparison. Some of the Whites are pretty far out there.

Its one of those movies that I really try to get friends to watch if they haven't seen it, and I haven't met anyone yet who didn't love it.

Lots of drugs/sex/violence talk, so its definitely not a good one to watch with the kids, but its a gem.

2016 Chevrolet SS 6M

If you have any pride in living in this country, don't watch this. It's not a bad documentary, but it's definitely a discouraging one.
    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Crazy!
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

my top five best movies in 2010

Comment

Was one of the pallbearers carrying a beer in his free hand? Haha
          - Darrell

1993 LX - Reef Blue R331ci
          1993 Cobra #199 - SOLD

Comment

I found out about this yesterday... cant wait to see it.

Comment

For the record, I spent a lot of years in WV and that's a lot different then anything I've seen. Then again, that just sounds like small-town USA with some a-holes in it.
              Originally posted by MR EDD
              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                If you have any pride in living in this country, don't watch this. It's not a bad documentary, but it's definitely a discouraging one.
                I'm not sure I would agree with this, I've got plenty of pride in living here, that doesn't mean that I should refuse to acknowledge the existence of the less productive backwards members of society.

If anything, I thought that the story of the one family member who left to MN and was able to make a good and honest living was actually pretty encouraging. It was amazing how much he had improved the situation for him and his family vs. those who were still in Boone County.

For entertainment value, it can't be beat.
                2016 Chevrolet SS 6M

Comment

i liked it! It's one of the best documentaries on netflix streaming. Johnny Knoxville did a good job with this movie

Comment

I heard about it on the ticket a while ago, we watched it and were shocked by these people. Pretty funny and shocking all at the same time.
                    Originally posted by Nash B.
                    Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

we watched it yesterday, streaming from netflix... the little boy was a trip
                      first class white trash

Comment

Originally posted by forbes View Post
                        we watched it yesterday, streaming from netflix... The little boy was a trip
                        fuck dennis!

Comment

It had its moments. Wasn't as good as you guys made it seem though. Although how far from reality they are is kinda insane.

Comment

There are people just like that here where I live

Mena Arkansas has a lot of the inbred hillbillys you'd expect to find, but then again there are also
                            some very nice upscale types too, quite a mix here.

Comment

Working...
                            X