Pretty awesome music festival next week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty awesome music festival next week

Larry Joe Taylor, LJT, Texas Music Festival, Chili Cook-off, Rhymes & Vines, Coastin' & Cruisin', Island Time

The bigger names are Radney Foster, Stoney Larue, Pat Green, Randy Rogers Band, Cody Canada, Jason Boland, Max Stalling and Ray Wylie Hubbard.

It's in Stephenville and is all week.

I'm planning on being down there for a couple of days with some of my buddies that are playing it, but not sure which day(s) yet.

I've never been, but I hear it's a good time. I'm just not that into camping.

Comment

Better hope it doesn't rain. If it rains, that campground gets ridiculous. Beyond that, stop in at Pigeon Road if you want to poke around in a cool old gun store.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I heard it rains every year and it becomes a mess. That's why I'm only going for a couple of days, and will have an air conditioned bus for shelter when I want a break. It's really the only way I'm willing to do the big festivals anymore...getting to damn old, I guess.

Comment

Rock on. The food on the roach coaches is pretty good, and past that, Stoney LaRue usually comes onstage during Cross Canadian's set (I guess now it'll just be Cody Canada), and Jason Boland's set. Actually, a lot of people sit in on each others' sets. It's still a small enough festival that it's pretty organic like that. Have fun, man!
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Yeah, the only thing that sucks is that none of the artists ever really stay for the whole event, they usually just pop in and out for the day/night they're playing and then they're onto the next show. So if the guys are playing the same day, it's a good chance they'll get up with each other for some encores. I'm trying to see who's going to be there which days so I can plan accordingly.

If you guys end up going, shoot me a PM and maybe we can catch up for a beer.

Comment

Man, it's a fantastic line up, but very few of the guys I wanna see are playing on the same day. I really wish this was happening during tue summer.

Comment

Working...
              X