Looking to upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to upgrade

I've been getting into video/image editing and am trying to decide if I should upgrade my laptop or not. I do a lot of it on the fly and away from home. My mobile computer is a Dell studio 1737. 4GB ram, t6400 core 2 duo processor.

Mobo 0p792h
    Cpu T6400 2GHz with 800 FSB
    Memory PC2-6400 4GB

I'm trying to decide the best way to go for upgrading. Either double the ram, or up the processor. I can't do both right now, but would like to get them both upgraded soon. Any recommendations?
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

The processor is gonna be a pita to do, I'd say a fast, high capacity hdd and maxed out fastest ram you can put in it if you're going to put money into that lappy.

If you can wait and save your money, I'd get a newer i5 or even an i7 lappy. It'll blow the doors off what you're usin now.

Comment

Not looking to drop the money on a new one. This one is "getting it done". I'd just like a little more speed when working with large video files and adobe programs.

Comment

Another thing to consider would be swapping out that hard drive for a solid state drive.
        Originally posted by Jester
        Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
        He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
        Originally posted by Denny
        What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
        FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
          Another thing to consider would be swapping out that hard drive for a solid state drive.
          I've heard a lot about the SSD stuff. The big question here is, running the heavy programs, photoshop, premiere, illustrator, etc. which will offer the most bang for the buck. I can double my memory for 125 ish. The SSD's are 200+ for anything with any size. I'm at about 140GB right now. I'd have to strip off all of my videos and sound files to see what I'm at with all of my software. I'm not sure I could work with anything smaller than 100GB

Comment

Get a big external drive to put all your completed projects on but a SSD to put your programs and your current projects on. This will help speed things up a bit without using to much space on the SSD
            QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

Working...
            X