No announcement yet.

where to get computer repair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup, that is a hard drive LOL. Does it use the same type of power connectors as a normal hard drive?

Comment

If it's SATA, yes, IDE(PATA), no. PATA has data and power all on one connector.

Comment

Its under warranty.

Comment

best buy computers come with free antivirus already installed lol.

6 months of antivirus protection included with every PC* purchase. Choose from Kaspersky, Webroot and Trend Micro titles (a $19.99 value). Customers shopping in a Best Buy store may choose to upgrade to 1-year protection plan for $19.99 ($39.99 value) or to a 2-year protection plan for $39.99 ($69.99 value).

HD Parts
          paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

You can create a WinPE disk, and run check disk to try to fix/repair damaged sectors and or ect.... then use a external HD to copy all files.

One of my clients had a hard drive crash, and that's what we did to recover their files. I hope that helps.
            Can't beat them, Join their NEW message board !!

Comment

Its under warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by Bputacoma View Post
                You can create a WinPE disk, and run check disk to try to fix/repair damaged sectors and or ect.... then use a external HD to copy all files.

One of my clients had a hard drive crash, and that's what we did to recover their files. I hope that helps.
                Recovery of data was done w/ a Ubuntu live disc.
                Originally posted by StanleyTweedle View Post
                Its under warranty.
                Warranty doesn't cover rootkits.

Comment

I took some mexican's kid's laptop back to best buy for viruses and they fixed it. Don't know if they were supposed to, but they did. I just said it wouldn't go.

Comment

You don't fix a rootkit, you format and reinstall. It's the only way to know w/100% certainty that your system is no longer compromised.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                      Recovery of data was done w/ a Ubuntu live disc.
                      OOh, i haven't used that before, i'mma have to try that method out. Thanks.
                      Can't beat them, Join their NEW message board !!

Comment

Originally posted by Bputacoma View Post
                        OOh, i haven't used that before, i'mma have to try that method out. Thanks.
                        I normally would pull and slave but this lappy had to be completely disassembled to access it and that was out of the question. The live disc works every time. I always keep one on hand for situations like this.

Here's a tut for when a partition gets hosed.

Last edited by Tx Redneck; 03-12-2011, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Send Ozzeran a PM he hooked me up and he is over by the parks mall

RESIDENT ELECTRICIAN AND WIRING GURU!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                            You don't fix a rootkit, you format and reinstall. It's the only way to know w/100% certainty that your system is no longer compromised.
                            Well I'm sure that's what they did. He never said anything about it not being covered or anything. Worth a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by StanleyTweedle View Post
                              Well I'm sure that's what they did. He never said anything about it not being covered or anything. Worth a shot.
                              Worst Buy's "warranty" covers hardware but they'll do other things too at a hefty cost.

Comment

Originally posted by houstondallas View Post
                                lol Im in arlington.
                                Did you get it fixed?

Comment

Working...
                                X