Poker players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poker players

What's are some good ways to go about learning how to really play? Is online a good way to learn the in's and outs of the game? Seems to me that people being given free money they would just throw it away and constantly pushing all in all the time since their is no real repercussions of doing so.

I know how the basics of the game, I just would like to get alot better and not lose a ton of money in the process. lol.

Can anyone suggest some good sites to play on that I won't have to sign up for a bunch of stuff?

Any advice?

Shit, that's pretty vague. I play completely different online than I do with a group of live people in straight pot games and even a totlly different way for live tournaments. Point is, you're not going to learn a specific strategy just playing online... especially the free games.

The ONLY way to properly learn is ass time at the tables. I've read some of the pros' books, but only to figure out their mindset, not any strategy. Sorry I'm no better help.

Comment

The best way to get good real poker experience is to join the AHL(amateur hold-em league) or something similar. They have tournaments every single night of the week, at multiple locations around dfw and other places. Play is completely free, you win like $50 to $100 if you win the whole thing. VERY good way to get experience.

And if you're set on the internet, play tournaments. The fact that you have to actually sign up for the "tournaments" weeds out a lot of the internet idiots.

Comment

Working...
      X