Windows 10?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 10?

Ive got this free windows 10 upgrade on two of my computers at home. It says its a free upgrade not a trial blah blah blah.

A. anyone else have this?
    B. is 10 any good? It looks too much like a phone layout from what I can tell but not sure if theres an advantage I don't know about

Originally posted by kpc01 View Post
    Ive got this free windows 10 upgrade on two of my computers at home. It says its a free upgrade not a trial blah blah blah.

A. anyone else have this?
    B. is 10 any good? It looks too much like a phone layout from what I can tell but not sure if theres an advantage I don't know about
    I haven't used it, but from what I've read it's supposed to fix all the shortfalls of 8.

Comment

Did I miss windows 9? I have 8 but I did not think there was a 9 yet.
      Originally posted by lincolnboy
      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

I haven't been a power user or admin in a long time.....

But for normal desktop use I have seen no compelling reason to leave Win 7 other than Microsoft telling me that I should....

Comment

I miss 7

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
            No, they went vista, 7, 8,8.1, 10

Comment

Originally posted by Gargamel View Post
              I haven't been a power user or admin in a long time.....

But for normal desktop use I have seen no compelling reason to leave Win 7 other than Microsoft telling me that I should....
              Because it will eventually go the way of XP, and become prone to security exploits.

Also, DirectX12 is a pretty good reason.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                If you're on 8.1,consider that 9

Comment

I'm on 7 home premium, just use it for the web and word processing crap. 10 worth trying out?

Comment

I was on XP until about a year ago by choice. Nothing wrong with 7, but if Windows 10 is anything like Server 2012 from an interface point of view - F that.
                    Originally posted by MR EDD
                    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

win 8 is the bastard child
                      Win 8.1 is the redheaded step child
                      Win 10 will be the redheaded bastard step child

Comment

Vista FTW

Comment

win 10 vram stack > aLL.
                          sigpic

Comment

I've been using Windows 10 tech preview for a few months on my spare gaming laptop, and it runs pretty good, and is a good hybrid of 8.1 and 7.

Windows is going to be 100% a service in the future, where you pay monthly for updates, and will never have to buy a new version of Windows ever again, you'll just get to download the newest version when it comes out.

Comment

If you have the "premium" versions of Win 7, 8 or 8.1, MS will let you download Win 10 full version for free, around July 29th.

I clicked yes on the download Win 10 and have it set for "download and let me decided when to install". You'll have 1 year after download to install it before that copy is null and void.

If you're eagerly awaiting Microsoft's new operating system, Windows 10, then it looks like you don't have long to wait. Late July looks set to be the launch period for the new OS, with hardware partner AMD accidentally spilling the beans. This means we have less than 15 weeks to [...]

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Working...
                              X