New colo server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New colo server

I tend to upgrade abecx.net every 4 years, this time I went all out since i have some income to spend.

I picked up a Dell R610 with dual 6 core cpus in it, added 96GB of ram and put in 6x 240GB SSDs. I thought for sure my IO benchmarks would be amazing.

The first result came back at 750MBps. Thats junk! Even my desktop gets 1GBs with just 2 of the same SSD's. I did some research the PERC 6/I card I had in there was old and was on a Generation 1 PCI bus and supports only SATA2, so I was simply maxing out the bus. I found some place in Carrolton on eBay ( the server store ) and got me an H700 PERC card that supports SATA 3. Put that into the PCIe gen 2 slot and got 2.9GBps through put what the fuck, and .1 MS seek time ( thats right not 1MS, .1MS ).

I have some side development that i do for arbitrage based data analysis and it requires a lot of parallel processing, I don't really need the throughput for it, but damn its nice to have!

If anyone needs some web hosting or a VPS I charge industry standard on most things.

Last edited by abecx; 05-16-2015, 06:35 PM.

Ballin

Comment

What are the drives?

Comment

can I get .Net and SQL Server?

Comment

You can get those if you give me a license key for them, SB

I put them in a raid 5 configuration which gives me 1.2TB usable space.

Mushkin Enhanced ECO2

Crucial M500

Comment

not gonna store much pron with 1.2tb
            When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
              not gonna store much pron with 1.2tb
              Relax, i got that covered too

Comment

What exactly does abecx.net (the website) do? It's had the same design since high school!

Comment

abecx.net is pretty much my remote drive.
                  lolfatass.com is a domain i thought was funny.
                  followfighters.com is a social media aggregator I haven't finished.
                  newsfetch.org is an rss feed aggregator i've been working on
                  wuthapn.com is for my WoW guild.
                  plzhalp.net is a domain for fixing shitty web hosting customers that I did on the side for a while.
                  initialc.io is my DBA entity.

I have a really bad bad domain name too that i won't put here. It was designed as a hate site even though I'm not a racist.

I mainly use it for crash testing ideas, aka THIS SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT IDEA LET ME CODE IT UP. I'm really big into data aggregation and arbitrage right now.

Comment

Working...
                  X