Monitor recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor recommendations?

Looking for a monitor for my wife. She will use it mainly for work in her home office, which involves mostly spreadsheets and other office docs. Should be at least 1920 x 1080, 26 or 27 inch, height and tilt adjustable, and preferably HDMI input, but can work with DVI. The only one that came to mind is one of the Dell workstation ones because I have two 24 inch ones at work that are height and tilt adjustable, but last time I checked they were kind of expensive. Anyone have any recommendations?

TIA.

I've also got one of the Dell 2407 with all sorts of inputs and adjustments just no hdmi. I think you are correct in that a 27" version with all that and HDMI is going to be expensive. I have a 27" as well and its hdmi but no height/tilt adjustment but then it only cost me $200 used off CL.
    2013 F150 STX Supercab 5.0L w/3.55 LSD
    1990 GT Convertible

Comment

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Dell-927M9-IPS-LED-27-Inch-LED-lit-Monitor/dp/B009H0XQPA/ref=sr_1_1?m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&s=merchant&ie=UTF8&qid =1382282358&sr=1-1&keywords=led+27[/ame]
      or
      [ame]http://www.amazon.com/BenQ-GW2750HM-27-Inch-LED-lit-Monitor/dp/B007HSKSP0/ref=sr_1_11?m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&s=merchant&ie=UTF8&qi d=1382282358&sr=1-11&keywords=led+27[/ame]

Bought mine at staples during some sale ended up being 170otd with 2 coupons. was 2 years ago though.

Comment

That BENQ monitor is tempting, but it's a Chinese brand, and even my Chinese wife won't touch it, lol. Looks like I'll have to pony up for the Dell.

Comment

If you're going to get a 27" monitor, at least get something with 1660 resolution, which is pretty much a 'retina' level monitor.

Comment

Originally posted by abecx View Post
            If you're going to get a 27" monitor, at least get something with 1660 resolution, which is pretty much a 'retina' level monitor.
            You're being SUPER helpful today...

Comment

Do i need to add the filter to your search? Its pretty simple, any 27" monitor that does 1660 is going to be good enough that by the time you're worried about replacing it whatever the next new technology will be out.

And dont get caught up on brands, most of those korean/china 'cheap' brands are Samsungs extra that didnt meet their quality control, read up on perfect pixel monitors, basically they QA the monitors that Samsung sells cheap in bulk that they dont want to put their label on, and sell the benq's of the world sell the good ones for half the price.

Comment

think he already bought one.

Comment

Working...
                X