In game audio could get real exciting soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In game audio could get real exciting soon

We interview AMD to get the lowdown on the company's new, 3D immersive sound technology
    Perhaps the biggest surprise—and the best kept secret of AMD’s new R7 and R9 graphics chips--was the inclusion of a new advanced audio technology dubbed TrueAudio. That’s right, a video card with audio support. With advanced PC audio considered a long forgotten technology, Maximum PC played 23 questions with AMD’s Carl Wakeland. Wakeland is a Fellow Design Engineer and considered the “author” of TrueAudio.

Maximum PC: In one sentence TrueAudio is:

AMD: A programmable audio core built into the GPU, representing our effort to breathe life into game audio environments as the programmable graphics pipeline breathed life into the diversity of PC graphics.

MPC: I didn't get to attend the briefing but if I get this; AMD has integrated Tensilica HiFi2 EP DSPs directly into the die or on the package or on the PCB? It says multiple but how many exactly?

AMD: The entire AMD TrueAudio hardware block is built directly into the die of the AMD Radeon R9 290X, R9 290 and R7 260X GPUs. While I cannot disclose the quantity, I can say that the game developers we’ve been speaking to have been overjoyed by the hardware capabilities we’re providing.

(AMD has since disclosed to us that it has three Tensilica DSPs on the die).

- See more at: http://www.maximumpc.com/everything_....JBrXH5TV.dpuf

i have been trying to unload my 680s to free up some cash so I can go 290x. i need them, badly.

I'll take 575 for BOTH my 680's, you must buy both!
    Last edited by roliath; 10-10-2013, 03:11 PM.

Comment

:-\

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
        :-\
        I have 1200 set aside for two, that's my cap though. If I can't get two for that price, I'm out.

Comment

Working...
        X