Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VzW contract set to expire, jump ship or stay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VzW contract set to expire, jump ship or stay?

So do I upgrade, or consider a carrier swap. I currently have VzW w/ grandfathered unlimited LTE data.

I suppose I'd only consider a carrier swap to spend less bucks a month.

Maybe I'll just stay VzW, look at the upcoming Droid Razr HD/MAXX or whatever else drops toward the end of this year.

Grandfathered on the best lte network around, you fucking stay.
    sigpic

Comment

If you renew i dont think they let you keep unlimited. Only way is to buy a phone for retail price and stay month to month.
      Last edited by Sleeper; 10-01-2012, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Not anymore. They created a loop hole to Fuck you. Any time you activate a New phone ur required to sign a New contract. Even people who haven't had one for years like myself . If somehow your old cell lasts forever your good. That's what I'm told from Verizon rep

Comment

Originally posted by petyweestraw View Post
          Not anymore. They created a loop hole to Fuck you. Any time you activate a New phone ur required to sign a New contract. Even people who haven't had one for years like myself . If somehow your old cell lasts forever your good. That's what I'm told from Verizon rep
          You were lied to.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by petyweestraw View Post
            You can keep Unlimited Data as long as you dont upgrade your phone by buying a subsidized phone through Verizon. Just buy your phones outright through Verizon or a 3rd party and your good to go.
            92 Undercover SSP Coupe.
            15 GT w/PP

Comment

like the above have said, buy a phone outright and stay grandfathered

Comment

Originally posted by grove rat View Post
                like the above have said, buy a phone outright and stay grandfathered
                ...and don't let them pressure you if you do it this route. According to a buddy of mine (I have not done this yet) - they act like their job depends on you losing your old contract.
                Originally posted by MR EDD
                U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

If at&greed hadn't moved to the bucket plans like vzw, I'd say move to them. Their LTE is faster, has hspa to fall back on and there's no issues with switch off between them.

Saved and Texan by the Grace of God, Redneck by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                    ...and don't let them pressure you if you do it this route. According to a buddy of mine (I have not done this yet) - they act like their job depends on you losing your old contract.
                    yea they tried to act like i "had" to sign a contract when i went to att from metro. i showed up with my phone in hand and just needed my number ported over and to start up a month to month service. they acted like they couldn't do it and was pressuring me pretty hard to sign one. i told them that i am not signing one and if they are not going to hook my phone up i'll go to another store or carrier. the manager was within earshot and quickly took over after sending the first guy away. i knew i had to pay an activation fee and maybe pay for the sim card but the manager waived all that. i walked out on att no contract for free

Comment

I guess I would want to avoid losing unlimited Vz LTE, I tether my tbolt a lot. Will have to think this over, digest idea of buying a newer phone outright (maybe used).

Then also, I should probably look at the data I've been consuming, to justify the unlimited.

Comment

surf craigslist for a couple days and you will find something nice for a few hundred dollars depending on what you are looking for

Comment

that sounds like a smart plan, despite the premium cost, Vz LTE has been great

reviewed a year of usage, which is pretty moderate compared to what I expected

oct 11 154M
                          nov 11 815M
                          dec 11 1.2G
                          jan 12 1.1G
                          feb 12 3.5G
                          mar 12 1.1G
                          apr 12 1.2G
                          may 12 1.6G
                          jun 12 1.3G
                          jul 12 2.3G
                          aug 12 1.3G
                          sep 12 1.7G

Anyone have any experience w/ Virgin Mobile ($239 HTC Evo V + $45/mo 1200 minutes, includes 2.5GB/month of 3G/4G full speed data, then they slow you down)? Looks like they piggy-back on Sprint.

I'm paying like $120/mo all together right now w/ VzW
                          Last edited by ScottJ; 10-02-2012, 01:33 PM.

Comment

90 a month including taxes unlimited everything on sprint...
                            1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

Originally posted by Torinoman View Post
                              90 a month including taxes unlimited everything on sprint...
                              I found the problem with that scenario.

Comment

Working...
                              X