• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to back up

an Android phone?

I use Titanium.

Comment

titanium back up for apps accounts contacts etc...

rom manager for the OS,GUI etc (rom)

Comment

I tried titanium but it said it couldn't access root. that's strange because I'm rooted with z 4 root.

Comment

I use nandroid/ROM Manager
          01 Turbo Miata
          96 4x4 Suburban

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
            I tried titanium but it said it couldn't access root. that's strange because I'm rooted with z 4 root.
            Check superuser to see if titanium has root access, otherwise double check for root. I had trouble rooting my HTC Glacier at first it kept reverting to stock.

Comment

Originally posted by 06S197GT View Post
              Check superuser to see if titanium has root access, otherwise double check for root. I had trouble rooting my HTC Glacier at first it kept reverting to stock.
              there are no apps listed under superuser

Comment

there are no apps listed under superuser
                Weird, it usually will pop up when you first open an app that requires root. Email the creator, Joel, he's helped me out once or twice. He should be able to help you.

Comment

Which phone? On some phones z4root is only temporary until reboot.

Sent from rooted EVO

Comment

Originally posted by habs4me View Post
                    Which phone? On some phones z4root is only temporary until reboot.

Sent from rooted EVO
                    Aria if I remember right. Turn tapatalk sigs off.

Comment

You can try rooting using visionary+, this method helped me root my phone. I believe it works for aria not 100% sure. The app has been removed from the market but you can download it direct from the dev's site here:

http://android.modaco.com/content/ht...ne-click-root/
                      Last edited by 06S197GT; 12-30-2010, 04:23 PM.

Comment

I want to really root it but all root programs say to do a back up first but they need root access to work properly if at all. what am I supposed to do

Comment

I want to really root it but all root programs say to do a back up first but they need root access to work properly if at all. what am I supposed to do
                          *edit*: sync everything to your google acct first.
                          Then root(Take utmost care when doing so! as failing can brick your device!)

If root is successful first thing you should do is backup everything using titanium.

Then flash clockwork using 'rom manager' (aka:clockworkmod-app), then backup your stock rom to your sd card also using rom manager. (I keep an extra file of the stock rom on my pc just in case.)

Once you do that you are free to delete bloatware, flash rom/kernels etc...
                          (there are some bloatware programs tied to the OS. If they are deleted they could cause problems and force closes so you should be careful as to what programs you delete.)

The method for rooting your phone is different from mine but have you tried the method listed here?
                          http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=730002

stop at step 7 if you plan on just rooting your phone. Or, continue instructions to install a bloatware free stock rom.
                          Last edited by 06S197GT; 12-30-2010, 05:16 PM.

Comment

OK, I got it rooted, now how do I put this on it?

here it is: Froyo (Android 2.2) w/HTC Sense based on Gratia Release version ROM FR008 Repaired Bluetooth/FM Radio for HTC Sense in Cyanogen OC custom kernel FR008 Stable Release with new kernel enabled...
                            Last edited by Tx Redneck; 12-30-2010, 10:51 PM.

Comment

alright now I'm rooted on a 2.2 ROM liberated FR008. now to remove the at&t bloat. I chose not to do the wipe everything when I flashed so I could maintain my settings but it down side is it maintains att bloat.what is the best or safest way to go about doing that?

Comment

Working...
                              X