Local Tablet repair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kpc01 View Post
    Nobody knows of a local repair shop I can trust? theres a cell phone repair store in Little Elm I thought about stopping by but I'd rather have a place that I know is good.
    That place in little elm is a joke. I live in little elm if you want me too take a look at it.

First I suggest removing the battery for 30 minutes. That should reset your tab.

Sent from my Galaxy S III
    Last edited by RCITNet; 09-10-2012, 10:38 AM.

Comment

lmfao @ removing the battery thats not going to fix anything. the problem right now is the battery isnt charging. I swear its your connection, do you have the original wall socket that came with it?

Comment

IF it's stuck in DSOD, pulling the battery would be a solution.

Comment

If you want to pay for fedex ship it to me, i'll fix it and send it back.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
            IF it's stuck in DSOD, pulling the battery would be a solution.
            Are these like the iphone where you can take the battery out after its apart?

Comment

Originally posted by abecx View Post
              lmfao @ removing the battery thats not going to fix anything. the problem right now is the battery isnt charging. I swear its your connection, do you have the original wall socket that came with it?
              Yes have the original wire and plug. I was going to go by a att or some store and see if I could plug it into theirs. You mean the plug on the outside bottom of the tab right?

If I can't figure it out I might end up shipping it out there! driving me nuts and my wife asks everyday if I have it fixed yet.

Comment

Your issue is a common one on that series tablet. Removing the battery has corrected the issue for many people. I would hope that the OP has tried a different charger/cable by now.

Comment

Originally posted by RCITNet View Post
                  Your issue is a common one on that series tablet. Removing the battery has corrected the issue for many people. I would hope that the OP has tried a different charger/cable by now.

Yes I have tried a different charger and still same results. I didn't realize I needed the "triwing" screwdriver until last night so Its on order. as soon as it comes in I'll try taking out the battery

Comment

Finally got a chance to crack it open last night and the little red xxx are on the inside. My wife keeps it on her nightstand and I've decided my daughter at some point has spilled water on it. I tested the battery with a meter while it was plugged in and its getting power. I think the board itself is done. I cleaned it all but still nothing. I can't find a replacement board online so might just sell it for parts....any other suggestions?

Comment

Do you still have it?

Comment

yes still have it. I can't really find anything visibly wrong inside but know it got wet so no telling. I've been watching for a cheap one with a cracked screen to swap out the guts but haven't been in a rush to get it done. You have any other ideas?

Comment

I cracked my digitizer and am replacing it, I still wouldn't mind looking at yours especially since mine will be open and I can compare.

Comment

Working...
                          X