Question about burning audio CD's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about burning audio CD's

Can you burn a DVD-Audio disc onto a CD-R or DVD? Ultimate goal is that I'm wanting to order a few DVD-A's to play in my car, but Craig's car doesn't support that so I would want to burn them onto a disc he could use, too. Is that possible?

TIA!
    Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
    Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
    Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
    You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Hmmm. Not sure. All three are different types of media (dvd-a, dvd, cd). DVD-A files will fit on a DVD, but I'm not sure the standard DVD media will support the file type. DVD-A will not fit on a CD-R, but could be able to be converted to .mp3 and compressed to shit.

Good question though.
    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
      Hmmm. Not sure. All three are different types of media (dvd-a, dvd, cd). DVD-A files will fit on a DVD, but I'm not sure the standard DVD media will support the file type. DVD-A will not fit on a CD-R, but could be able to be converted to .mp3 and compressed to shit.

Good question though.
      Thanks for the input...still trying to find the answer. I'm a terrible 'google-er'. lol
      Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
      Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
      Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
      You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

FYI-There are CD-R 'audio' discs you can buy but usually on line- they are different than the traditional 'data' discs and will allow you to play in almost any cd player- especially older units.
        I've used these for years because I have really old chit

Comment

For CD-R, I have found that if you burn the disc at a slower rate, it has a better chance of working in most car players. Some car cd players don't like certain media or burners either.

Comment

More than likely the audio on those DVD-A discs are extremely high quality, thus larger, thus requiring a DVD instead of a CD. It should be as easily as ripping them to a computer using the program of your choice, then using a freeware audio converter to change them to MP3. I've never encountered a DVD-A in the wild, though, so I could just be speaking out of my ass.

Comment

Working...
            X