Is this a bad deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a bad deal?

I'm sure one with similar specs could be hand-assembled, but is this a decent deal considering it comes with a legit copy of Win7?

lenovo 30991PU Desktop PC A6-Series APU A6-3600(2.1Hz) 6GB DDR3 500GB HDD Capacity AMD Radeon HD 6530D Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
    + keyboard + mouse, $349 shipped.

Stevo
    Originally posted by SSMAN
    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Looks like a nice deal.. but depends on what you're wanting out of it..

The big thing I noticed is the CPU.. it is AMDs APU series which is good for basic use.. the video card they list is actually integrated into the processor and not an actual video card. so performance will lack a little because of that.

Also only a 280W power supply. That does not leave much room for upgrading. If your just looking for an email checker and maybe watching some videos then I would say its pretty good deal.. if you're wanting something to play a few games on i think you may be disappointed.

And I would also recommend taking out the 2GB stick and putting a 4GB stick in place to make it 8GB vs the 6GB. ( I would buy an 8GB kit (2x4GB) for better compatibility but it is not required)

Comment

Originally posted by Dinger View Post
      Looks like a nice deal.. but depends on what you're wanting out of it..

The big thing I noticed is the CPU.. it is AMDs APU series which is good for basic use.. the video card they list is actually integrated into the processor and not an actual video card. so performance will lack a little because of that.

Also only a 280W power supply. That does not leave much room for upgrading. If your just looking for an email checker and maybe watching some videos then I would say its pretty good deal.. if you're wanting something to play a few games on i think you may be disappointed.

And I would also recommend taking out the 2GB stick and putting a 4GB stick in place to make it 8GB vs the 6GB. ( I would buy an 8GB kit (2x4GB) for better compatibility but it is not required)
      Those were things I noticed as well, my thinking was a seperate GPU could be added and cross-fired to the on-board and the power supply changed further down the road if/when needed. And the recommendation on the ram is noted.

Stevo
      ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

I bought one, tossed in a cheap HD6670 (which when crossfired with the onboard becomes a HD 6690D2) and a $19 Corsair PSU. I am very satisfied with it considering the price, etc.

Stevo

Comment

Working...
        X