Win 7 install size questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win 7 install size questions...

ok, so those who have been helping me here with my new build and install (BTW thanks again). I have another question... I did a fresh install of everything after the build. I have a 80gb SSD as my primary drive that my OS is on. with NOTHING else installed besided win7 ultimate 64 bit and before I started adding drivers and stuff my install size was like 34gb. This seems a little high to me because I installed the same OS on a 8gb SSD for a netbook once. Why the hell is mine so big. I read some things about a hibernate file and and some other file that I can manage to free up drive space. I want to maximize my free space on this drive can anyone help me out?

ALSO when I boot this pc with the new build I get this "fan speed error" at the bios screen, I would like to get rid of that too if anyone can help me there. is anyone in the midlothian area that is a PC whiz?

That article was very informative. My win 7 installed size with sp1 was only 7.2gb. My overall performance feels faster but maybe it's just me.

Comment

Working...
    X