No Tribes Ascend thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Tribes Ascend thread?

Don't know if any of you ever played Starsiege Tribes, or it's sequels, but the 4th version is out. It's a multiplayer shooter that requires a ton of timing and skill. Tribes is easily my favorite online shooter franchise and this one really recaptured what made the first two great.

Best part of this is that it's 100% free.

Been playing it the past few days, pretty addictive

Comment

Originally posted by tangstang View Post
      Been playing it the past few days, pretty addictive
      Yep. Starsiege Tribes was the first online shooter I played and I have been hooked on the series ever since. Back when skiing was a glitch in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
        Yep. Starsiege Tribes was the first online shooter I played and I have been hooked on the series ever since. Back when skiing was a glitch in the game.
        I played the shit out of the first one, the next two sucked. I was in the beta for ascend and it brings back all the good points of the first one without adding a whole bunch of crap to weigh it down. It was awesome, but haven't purchased it yet, and with diablo 3 around the corner I won't have time for it.

Comment

I thought about downloading it to keep my busy until D3 comes out. I'm pretty excited about D3.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
            I thought about downloading it to keep my busy until D3 comes out. I'm pretty excited about D3.
            Me, too! Witch Doctor here I come.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
              I played the shit out of the first one, the next two sucked. I was in the beta for ascend and it brings back all the good points of the first one without adding a whole bunch of crap to weigh it down. It was awesome, but haven't purchased it yet, and with diablo 3 around the corner I won't have time for it.
              its a free download, they have an optional package where you can pay one time and be a vip to get more xp, support the dev, line their pockets, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                I enjoyed Tribes 2. 3 was good too, but there were NO servers up for it. Came out at the same time as UT2K4 and got it's ass kicked. Ascend is great. And yeah, it's free to download and free to play.

its a free download, they have an optional package where you can pay one time and be a vip to get more xp, support the dev, line their pockets, etc.
                That.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                  I enjoyed Tribes 2. 3 was good too, but there were NO servers up for it. Came out at the same time as UT2K4 and got it's ass kicked. Ascend is great. And yeah, it's free to download and free to play.

That.
                  Didn't know it was free. Still not going to play it. Playing League of Legends too much, and then Diablo 3...

Comment

Working...
                  X