Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CyberPower PC - Any experience/feedback/info?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CyberPower PC - Any experience/feedback/info?

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/

Anyone ever order a custom PC from here? I am looking to replace the laptop that crapped out on me with a desktop and was considering the Z68 config to build it.

Nothing too crazy, as the specs would be:

*Intel i5 2550k 3.40gHz w/6MB Cache (free upgrade from 2500k)
    *Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 board
    *8GB 1600MHZ RAM
    *AMD Radeon HD 6450 video card (Not a gamer at all, just some emulators for old school NES & SNES)
    *700W power supply
    *1TB 7200rpm HDD
    *24x DVD/R/RW
    *NZXT H2 Classic Silent Mid-Tower Gaming Case (best non-nerdy looking case )

Not too bad for $850 shipped, but was looking to see what their customer service, warranty, etc. was like from any previous owners/shoppers.

Did a search, only reference I found was:
    http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/sh...ght=cyberpower

Motoman, did you end up buying from them? Any feedback?

TIA
    Photobucket

Pretty expensive for those parts. Obviously you will pay their mark up though. No interest in building it yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by livinglegend_86 View Post

Motoman, did you end up buying from them? Any feedback?

TIA
      After talking to several people on this board and a couple of other boards I decided against buying from them mostly because of their mark up. You can get more money out of building something yourself.

What's your budget? I just mapped out a build I'm about to post in my "build help" thread.
      Originally posted by Jester
      Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
      He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
      Originally posted by Denny
      What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
      FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

they have a great customer service record and warranty

I know a few people who have bought from them in the past and were happy. You can typically build your own for less, especially if you have a donor computer or a few parts/o/s already, but you also only get a manufacturers warranty on those parts, etc.

I guess it's all up to how you feel about building your own and fixing it when it breaks?

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
          they have a great customer service record and warranty

I know a few people who have bought from them in the past and were happy. You can typically build your own for less, especially if you have a donor computer or a few parts/o/s already, but you also only get a manufacturers warranty on those parts, etc.

I guess it's all up to how you feel about building your own and fixing it when it breaks?
          Matt, did you have one of their laptops?
          Originally posted by Jester
          Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
          He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
          Originally posted by Denny
          What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
          FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by roliath View Post
            Pretty expensive for those parts. Obviously you will pay their mark up though. No interest in building it yourself?
            None whatsoever lol. I've never built one, nor done anything more complicated than swap out a memory stick or two. I'd also have a little more peace of mind knowing it's done 'right' and have a warranty to fall back on.

I tried pricing up a few configurations and I got within $80-$100, but I would still have to get it assembled so I figured it wasn't too bad on my end. With the i5 2320 & 8GB of 1333mHz RAM I'm looking at $675 shipped (if I wanted to go basic, which I might).

Hell, I could save $50 more by going to one of the 'gamer' cases that they offer but it's not really my style lol
            Photobucket

Comment

If you're not going to game or do anything intensive, that's a lot a machine for just browsing and emulators.

Sent from my iPhail eleventybillion

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                Matt, did you have one of their laptops?
                my old company ordered one under ibuypower, or one of their other brands. And a couple of the guys who worked for us had a desktop and laptop from them.

Comment

just simply out of curiosity. what are you doing that will fully utilize that machine? i'm a web developer. i build and maintain websites like vB, WordPress, phpBB, e-commerce, etc.. and do it with it on a machine with maybe 2/3rds of the capability of what you posted. i run multiple applications that are absolute resource hogs without a hiccup.

you must be a serious gamer or compile data for SETI..lol however, i agree that is a good price for those specs. cyberpower does have a good reputation. my past experience was positive.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                    After talking to several people on this board and a couple of other boards I decided against buying from them mostly because of their mark up. You can get more money out of building something yourself.

What's your budget? I just mapped out a build I'm about to post in my "build help" thread.
                    On the low side, I figured $500-$600. If I beef it up a bit, then I guess $700 is my max (before shipping & w/o an O/S). The minimum specs I'm shooting for is an i5 processor, 1GB video card, and 6GB of RAM. I've never built one, so my numbers may be high due to basing this on complete / built systems as I'm sure piecing it together will be considerably cheaper.

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                    ...but you also only get a manufacturers warranty on those parts, etc.

That's my biggest concern. I'm no comp whiz, and I will more than likely F something up during the build.

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                    If you're not going to game or do anything intensive, that's a lot a machine for just browsing and emulators.

Sent from my iPhail eleventybillion
                    I'd rather have a little more than not enough; especially when it comes to tech. I do the usual Netflix/Blockbuster streaming, which my 4+ year old HP DV6000 didn't like much!
                    Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
                      just simply out of curiosity. what are you doing that will fully utilize that machine? i'm a web developer. i build and maintain websites like vB, WordPress, phpBB, e-commerce, etc.. and do it with it on a machine with maybe 2/3rds of the capability of what you posted. i run multiple applications that are absolute resource hogs without a hiccup.

you must be a serious gamer or compile data for SETI..lol however, i agree that is a good price for those specs. cyberpower does have a good reputation. my past experience was positive.
                      I am open to recommendations, as I am simply basing this on a configurator and my own experience (or better yet, lack of experience!).

1. Would a 512MB video card be sufficient?
                      2. I'm assuming the 2320 i5 processor is more than enough?
                      3. I don't believe 1600mHz RAM will be any more beneficial than 1333mHz for my application; is this correct?
                      4. Will 4GB RAM handle anything I throw at it from a non-gamer perspective? I am assuming yes...?

My last PC was running an quad-core AMD processor, 2.5 or something, with 4GB DDR2 and it ran pretty good. What would a comparable build look like?
                      Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by livinglegend_86 View Post
                        I am open to recommendations, as I am simply basing this on a configurator and my own experience (or better yet, lack of experience!).

1. Would a 512MB video card be sufficient?
                        2. I'm assuming the 2320 i5 processor is more than enough?
                        3. I don't believe 1600mHz RAM will be any more beneficial than 1333mHz for my application; is this correct?
                        4. Will 4GB RAM handle anything I throw at it from a non-gamer perspective? I am assuming yes...?

My last PC was running an quad-core AMD processor, 2.5 or something, with 4GB DDR2 and it ran pretty good. What would a comparable build look like?
                        1. video cards are too cheap these days to pass up not having at least 1gb of vram or more.
                        2. typically an i5 2500k or better is used in most systems built these days. If buying from a boutique I wouldn't expect anything less than this.
                        3. ram speeds may or may not effect you as much, although since i'm buying from a boutique I wouldn't expect anything less than 1600mhz.
                        4. ram is sooooooo cheap now (32gb for 220 hello!), I wouldn't want anything less than 8GB or I would prefer 12/16.

Basically what i'm getting to, when is the next time you plan to buy a pc?

A basic system to me looks like this.
                        i5 2500k stock hsf if not overclocking, if I am. i'd go with one of the h50/h70's from corsair.
                        8gb ddr3 1600 (or more gb if needed with 32gb so cheap, hello ram drive!)
                        boot ssd - 60~80gb ssd (crucial m4 comes to mind)
                        storage hdd - 1tb (or bigger western digital only here for warranty purposes)

for gpu
                        nvidia = min of 560
                        amd = min of 7770

psu - corsair 80+ (any of the 650w or better basically)
                        case - user preference
                        Last edited by roliath; 02-28-2012, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by roliath View Post
                          1. video cards are too cheap these days to pass up not having at least 1gb of vram or more.
                          2. typically an i5 2500k or better is used in most systems built these days. If buying from a boutique I wouldn't expect anything less than this.
                          3. ram speeds may or may not effect you as much, although since i'm buying from a boutique I wouldn't expect anything less than 1600mhz.
                          4. ram is sooooooo cheap now (32gb for 220 hello!), I wouldn't want anything less than 8GB or I would prefer 12/16.

Basically what i'm getting to, when is the next time you plan to buy a pc?

A basic system to me looks like this.
                          i5 2500k stock hsf if not overclocking, if I am. i'd go with one of the h50/h70's from corsair.
                          8gb ddr3 1600 (or more gb if needed with 32gb so cheap, hello ram drive!)
                          boot ssd - 60~80gb ssd (crucial m4 comes to mind)
                          storage hdd - 1tb (or bigger western digital only here for warranty purposes)

for gpu
                          nvidia = min of 560
                          amd = min of 7770

psu - corsair 80+ (any of the 650w or better basically)
                          case - user preference
                          Thanks for the input, I will definitely look into a few more configurations before I make a purchase.

The last 2 weeks of research have left me --->
                          Photobucket

Comment

Working...
                          X