Skype?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skype?

My parents recently got a computer and it has a built in camera so we decided to Skype since they are in Michigan and I'm here. It was kind of cool to see them while I was talking but the camera quality wasn't that great. Would a different webcam make that better or is it mostly an internet signal issue? Any info anyone has about cameras or info about how to improve the quality of the video would be helpful.
    Originally posted by Nash B.
    Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

The camera does have a portion of the quality issue, but if they're on a low bandwidth package, it'll degrade the connection.

Sent from my iPhail eleventybillion

Comment

Most webcams suck in low light, make sure the room they are in is welllllll lit. And what Brian said.

Comment

Yeah they live in the sticks so they have kind of a slow internet connection I bet. I might look for a newer camera on my end since the one I'm using is probably 5 years old or so, if it helps them see me better then we can see about upgrading it on their end too.
        Originally posted by Nash B.
        Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

I upgrade my webcam not long ago to a nice Logitech 720p capable unit, my Skype performance jumped big time, and I use Skype constantly.

Yes theirs/yours internet BW will be the biggest bottleneck, but each of you need to get good cams.

--Scott

Comment

Working...
          X