No announcement yet.

Build help needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If i need to spend a little more to be more "future proof" I'd rather do that now.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Havent ever looked at the 560TI's but they look like a solid mid performance card. Like I said, Im pretty sold on MSI's twin frozr fan setup after this 6970 I got. Only thing to keep in mind is if you even think you want to add a 3rd monitor then go AMD, the nvidia cards cant do Nvidia surround on tipple screen without running two cards. If your sure you want to stick with the two screens then go for it.

MSI Twin Frozr II 560Ti - $269

Comment

Should I stick with a z68 mobo?
        Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
          Should I stick with a z68 mobo?
          Same thing as a p67 board but with onboard graphix.
          First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Fiux View Post
            Same thing as a p67 board but with onboard graphix.
            Just wondering why Roliath advised against getting a p67.

Comment

I could be wrong but I think Z68 supports Ivy Bridge CPU's and P67 does not.

Off Asus's site...

Intel® Z68 Express Chipset
              The Intel® Z68 Express Chipset is a single-chipset design to support socket 1155 Intel® second generation Core™ i7/Core™ i5/Core™ i3 processors. It provides improved performance by utilizing serial point-to-point links, allowing increased bandwidth and stability. Additionally, Z68 chipset provides 2 SATA 6Gb/s and 4 SATA 3Gb/s ports for faster data retrieval at double the bandwidth of current bus systems. Moreover, Intel® Z68 Express Chipset also supports iGPU function, letting users enjoy the latest Intel integrated graphic performance

Comment

Are the Sandy bridge cpu's the top tier available?

Comment

Nope Ivy bridge (socket 1155) are starting to roll out and Sandy bridge-e (socket 2011) are the newest tech but still too new. If you get the setup I posted above you can upgrade to Ivy bridge later on if you want. Sandy Bridge-E requires a new socket and motherboard setup.

Oh and back to the Z68 board thing, another thing is the PCI-E 3.0 slots. Part of Ivy Bridge and wont help untill you go to PCI-e 3.0 graphics card though.

Comment

Will that PSU in the first link you posted handle an aftermarket CPU fan along with 2 graphics cards on top of everything else?

Comment

Single card fine but if you go to SLI/Xfire you may be pushing it. If you go to two cards then I would look at a 1000W+ PSU. Im running a 1350W and it did fine with two 6990's (4 GPU's).

My battery backup on the other hand told me to go fuck myself

Comment

You're not gonna push two cards w/that PSU. Not enough umph or connectors.

Sent from my iPhail eleventybillion

Comment

Damn this is frustrating.

Comment

Damn this is frustrating.
                            LOL, I know how you feel. The more homework you do now the better though.

Just get whats listed above with the single card and add to it as you can. You will be pretty happy with it Im sure.

Comment

I think ALL p67 boards have faulty sata controllers. Do a google search and look at how many are being companies are replacing them or even sending the users an external sata3 card.

Comment

So after a looking around and doing some reading today I think it makes more sense for me to go with the i5 2500k Sandy Bridge processor. It's plenty fast and it'll help keep my over all cost down. I can put more money into a video card if I want.

Comment

Working...
                                X