Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet speeds

HOLY FUCK at my internets.

First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Very nice

Sent from my Iphone eleventybillion

Comment

Wow! Is my shit really that slow? Supposedly were paying for the fastest internet...
      GOPR0198 by larrychance88

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Fiux View Post

Are you in the UK at the moment? It says London is like 50 miles from your location, and Virgin Media doesn't appear to offer services here in the States.

Comment

I just wish Charter would up their upload speeds..

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
            Are you in the UK at the moment? It says London is like 50 miles from your location, and Virgin Media doesn't appear to offer services here in the States.
            That is correct

Comment

I jelly.

Comment

Well, looks nice, but in the US if we had upload caps we would all have upstreams that fast. I'll keep my 10mb/s upstream with no cap then 65 with a cap.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Heck, go look up S. Korean speeds. Sick.

Why is the USA so far behind in speeds compared to UK, EU, Korea, Japan, etc?
                  "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Because interwebs is a utility over there, not a service.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                      Heck, go look up S. Korean speeds. Sick.

Why is the USA so far behind in speeds compared to UK, EU, Korea, Japan, etc?
                      Our country is huge compared to those small countries. Infrastructure is very easy when you're only covering a few hundred miles until the next border and the other country takes over. And we're not behind in speeds when it comes to mobile devices compared to Europe. When I was in Europe I couldn't get any 4G or any transfer speeds comparable. To my knowledge they didn't even offer it. To give you a comparison, it's further from LA to NYC then it is from Lisbon Portugal to Kiev, Ukraine. Most all of the European countries are state-paid taxed government projects to run those lines. In the US it's all private industry running the lines and the service. Last time I read a slashdot article, we paid 5x less per KB transferred when you factor in fees, taxes, etc. than Europe or Japan, for instance.
                      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                        Our country is huge compared to those small countries. Infrastructure is very easy when you're only covering a few hundred miles until the next border and the other country takes over. And we're not behind in speeds when it comes to mobile devices compared to Europe. When I was in Europe I couldn't get any 4G or any transfer speeds comparable. To my knowledge they didn't even offer it. To give you a comparison, it's further from LA to NYC then it is from Lisbon Portugal to Kiev, Ukraine. Most all of the European countries are state-paid taxed government projects to run those lines. In the US it's all private industry running the lines and the service. Last time I read a slashdot article, we paid 5x less per KB transferred when you factor in fees, taxes, etc. than Europe or Japan, for instance.
                        Good points. Did not know about the mobile speeds.
                        "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                          Good points. Did not know about the mobile speeds.
                          I think Adolfo would know better than me, but to my knowledge I did not see any 4G phones/service available in Europe or the UK this past summer.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                            I think Adolfo would know better than me, but to my knowledge I did not see any 4G phones/service available in Europe or the UK this past summer.
                            4G doesn't exist CJ until mid 2013. Mostly because in Yurop, you don't have to pay anything for people calling your mobile phones. You also top up, to give you an example, I have unlimited text and calls to any Lycamobile for £5. I topped up (credited) since the summer. I have left £4.63 in credit. Most people have Lycamobile so its free from mobile to mobile. Because of this there is no capital to move or increase bad-assery connections like 4G. Which is why private industry is better than Government runned programmes. Private moves faster because of competition, and government.... well you have to wait for it.

Comment

4G doesn't exist CJ until mid 2013. Mostly because in Yurop, you don't have to pay anything for people calling your mobile phones. You also top up, to give you an example, I have unlimited text and calls to any Lycamobile for £5. I topped up (credited) since the summer. I have left £4.63 in credit. Most people have Lycamobile so its free from mobile to mobile. Because of this there is no capital to move or increase bad-assery connections like 4G. Which is why private industry is better than Government runned programmes. Private moves faster because of competition, and government.... well you have to wait for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X