Programs crash then artifacting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Programs crash then artifacting

The issue is generally whenever I'm playing a game but it has happened when I'm surfing the net as well. All of my programs crash and I get weird artifacts on the programs that don't close. When I attempt to open any programs or my browser they will crash again until I restart and it works as normal.

This problem started after I upgraded my PSU to an Antec 650w Earthwatts and my video card to a 560 Ti. I returned the card because I thought that was the issue and went with a HD 6870. The crashes aren't as frequent with this card but the issue still persists.

Could the new PSU be causing this issue? Where else would I start in diagnosing this issue? AMD Phenom II X3 720, 2 PC2-6400 2GB RAM, 2 PC2-6400 1GB RAM, and a 1TB Samsung Spinpoint that's < 1 year old.

Here's an example of what it looks like before it locks up.

Is it blue screening? What's the make of the ram? I suspect it may be the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
      Is it blue screening? What's the make of the ram? I suspect it may be the issue.
      No bluescreens, it just locks up after about 5 minutes if i don't restart. It's Corsair Value Select.

Edit: Running memtest86 today and I will report back after 7 passes. No errors on pass #1.
      Last edited by deso; 11-14-2011, 01:56 PM.

Comment

10 hours of Memtest and no errors.

Comment

What are the temps on your mobo? Is anything OC'ed?

Comment

The temps all looked fine but I did have my processor OC'd. I had bumped it from 2.8 to 3.08 by adjusting the FSB. I put it back to default clock before posting this so it might already be fixed if that was the issue. The memtest was with stock clock.

Comment

Working...
            X