Turtle beaches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turtle beaches?

Looking for a headset/mic in the 150-$200 range. Any suggestions? Digging the x41's.
    2012 GT500

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
    Looking for a headset/mic in the 150-$200 range. Any suggestions? Digging the x41's.
    I've got the DX11's. They have awesome sound quality, haven't had any issues that I can think of.
    But I rarely use them, big headsets have always given me a headache, these are no exception.

Comment

In that range, go with Astro A40s for the much better product imo.

Edit: now that I look at it, looks like they are 250, I don't remember paying that much for my A30's or A40's. /shrug. The mixamp is fucking fantastic imo. I've got one on my ps3, one on my pc, and one in my laptop bag.

Comment

woot.com has them for like 85.00 with shipping.

Comment

I've got the X31 and love em... I can't go back to playing without them.

Comment

I also have the x31's and love them. Just make sure to get the protection plan.

Comment

They have some nice Triton's at Fry's in that price range, I have heard good things about them,I only have the cheap Turtle Beaches though and I am more than happy with them.
              Originally posted by Nash B.
              Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Just buy the Astro mix amp and pick up a good set of headphones. The amps are not bad on most of the gaming focused stuff, but the headphones themselves are horrible. Both in terms of sound and construction.

I have a Tritton mix amp and set of Sony MDR-V6 headphones. The MDR-V6 is considered a budget set and still sounds far better than the stock Trittons.
                Last edited by NoClassic; 11-07-2011, 06:54 PM.

Comment

The Triton 720's are bad ass, I have a pair and LOVE them. I can use them for my xbox and my PC as well, which is why I bought them.
                  QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

The x41's were on woot the other day for like 100 bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by roliath View Post
                      The x41's were on woot the other day for like 100 bucks.
                      Yesterday. And they were refurbished. Still a good deal.

Comment

x31's here. Awesome sound, good base, and clear talk! Love the pisss outa mine. Just invest in Duracell stock. Your gunna need it!

Comment

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
                          x31's here. Awesome sound, good base, and clear talk! Love the pisss outa mine. Just invest in Duracell stock. Your gunna need it!
                          Use rechargable batteries, that is a must, I have a charger next to the Xbox and just cycle out the batteries.
                          Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked98Snake View Post
                            Use rechargable batteries, that is a must, I have a charger next to the Xbox and just cycle out the batteries.
                            Yea i have the X41 and keep fresh batteries handy too.

One thing i dont like is the little crackling when the mic is plugged in and turned on. Other then those two things they ROCK!
                            92 Undercover SSP Coupe.
                            15 GT w/PP

Comment

Originally posted by raider5.0 View Post
                              Yea i have the X41 and keep fresh batteries handy too.

One thing i dont like is the little crackling when the mic is plugged in and turned on. Other then those two things they ROCK!
                              I know on mine if I have the cables routed near the cables for the tv or xbox I get a little humming or statis through the headset. I keep them kind of by themselves and it cuts most of that out.

Comment

Working...
                              X